recommend boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_376

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I need a new pair of work boots. I'm thinking they will mostly be used in the firewood pile so steel toes are a must. I have messed up feet and I generally have a tough time finding comfortable shoes, wide feet, a bone spur, and plantar fasciitis. I have been wearing a pair of leather hiking boot which have a relatively flat sole, they are great until a piece rolls off the stack and falls on your foot. I'm a little worried about getting a pair of boots with a tall heel and my feet not killing me. Any advice would be appreciated.

I need a new pair of work boots. I'm thinking they will mostly be used in the firewood pile so steel toes are a must. I have messed up feet and I generally have a tough time finding comfortable shoes, wide feet, a bone spur, and plantar fasciitis. I have been wearing a pair of leather hiking boot which have a relatively flat sole, they are great until a piece rolls off the stack and falls on your foot. I'm a little worried about getting a pair of boots with a tall heel and my feet not killing me. Any advice would be appreciated.

It all depends on how much you want to spend on boots. Carolina and Chippewa have some nice boots with steel toes in them to. If you want a custom fit boot you can get Hoffman's or Wiseco Boots also

Shane

I wouldn't buy anything but Redwing boots in my neck of the woods. The last pair I purchased were high tops, steel toes and came in right at $160.
I big selling point for me is they come out of the box ready to work, no 2, 3, or 5 day break in. They wear like iron and very comfortable. Not sure if they are distributed nation wide and available in your neck of the woods.

I have foot problems as well. Generally I find textile hiking boots to be the most comfortable but I hear you about lack of protection when wearing them. On the non steel toe side my favorites are Lowa and Some of the Columbia boots. I recently bought a pair of Keen steel toe boots and I find them very comfortable.

I have the Carolina Loggers right now and they came in to be about $130. I had a pair of Chippewa's before but the seems split on them.

i like the low cut Dr Martens industrial boots. Very comfortable and they last a long time. They even look good until you start doing work in them.
Composite toe protection also - much better in the cold..

thanks for the replies. Anyone ever own a pair of Cats, are they any good? I am still looking and trying on boot trying to get a good fit that's comfortable.

I have a buddy who works for a utility who gets me Dr Martens and Cat boots for $40. I have a couple a pairs of the Cat high cut safety boots. Not very comfortable and they wear out pretty fast. The Dr Martens feel like your wearing sneakers.

but do us all a favor and buy boots that are made in the U.S.A ! Thank you

I was looking at american made boots but many of them I have never heard of, hence the reason for my post.

Just get a pair of Whites and forget it. Good for about six years of hard use, and each on is custom made to fit.

too much money. $400 a pair is out of my price range.

I am liking the suggestion for Dr.Martens feeling like sneakers.

I am also looking at the meta guard, might be good if a piece of wood falls on your foot above your toe.

thanks for the replies. Anyone ever own a pair of Cats, are they any good? I am still looking and trying on boot trying to get a good fit that's comfortable.

If you get the CAT boots make sure you get the high top one and I strongly recommend the Logger style ones. My uncle and my cousins wore them for years and they own a logging company in Canada. They said they have recently switched to Dakota Boots though and they love them too.

Thorogood boots by Weinbrenner

I have had a pair for over a year now (just had them resoled) and will get another pair when the time comes.

Ted

belleville boots

Check out bellevilleshoes.com. made in USA and if you can find them to try out they are great. I like the hot weather steel toe with the vanguard running shoe sole. I currently have the 300 and 600 st styles.

Very timley, I to have been lookin for boots. Tired of all the chinese crap. thought I would go with redwings after steering away from them yrs ago. Wrong, even they have gone chinese, with the american made ones being near 300 bucks in my area. Sure is frustrating, who ever thought it would be such a job to find a pair of good ole usa made work boots? And people cant figure out why our great country is in dire straights:angry2:

Latest posts

Back