Red Dawg boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGrunt

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey just wondering if anybody has tried Baileys Red Dawg climbing boots or the 12 inch logging boots and what they thought about them.

I bought a pair of their steel toed logger boots. There was a thick seam on the inside heels of the boots that gave me huge blisters. I called Baileys and they wouldn't take them back. Last time I ever bought anything from them.

Just got the black 12" loggers n like the handmade quality n fit so far. All I've ever had wad big box store boots til now was big box asain made boots :( my boss climbs in the climbers n says they r very comfortable in gaffs once you cut the top padded band off,its easy. I'll let you kno in a few mos how our boots hold up but nice so far after 14 day break in ;-)

I've been climbing in Red Dawgs for for probably 7 years now and I like them just fine. Seem to hold up as well as any boot in our working conditions. I wore the 12" when I was working more ground, then bought the 16" when I started climbing a lot. Eventually the 12" blew out on the side after 3 years of hard use, but I was climbing in them and they're not even reinforced for wearing spurs. The 16" hold up better than that since they're more reinforced. Haven't had a problem with blisters or sore feet.

Back