Redmax

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadetree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Has any of you had any experance with Redmax Chainsaws or Equipment?
I have a salesman droping in monday, with plans on trying to sell me on, a dealership.lol
Thanks
Shadetree

Redmax became available here 3 years ago and is a great saw. I have used the G5000 for the past 2 years in my logging business. Six other crews in the area have switched to Redmax also. When setup correctly the 5000 will outcut the Stihl 260 or Husky 346. The crews here think that the saws are more reliable than the previous saws also. The saws are run 8 hours per day, 6 days a week. The only negative comment is that they seem to use more gas per day than the other brands. They sell here about $150 less than other brands.

Taken as a whole line, Red Max is the best hand held brand of equipment out there, with whoever is in second place a good distance behind them. We sell about 150 units a year and pretty much write ZERO warranties. Their strato-charged engine technology is far and away the best emissions soulution I have seen with very little impact on weight and no negative effect on performance. The EBZ8000 backpack has no competition period.

As far as saws go, the quality is there as well. The only thing lacking is that they don't offer much of a complete line in the US. The 6200 is the largest saw and is an older design. Great quality, but I think a bit heavy for it's engine size. The G3100 is sourced from EFCO in Italy, which is no problem as I think EFCO makes good stuff. I believe that as they introduce more strato-charged engine families they will fill out the saw part of their lineup. The engine on the EBZ8000 would make a great foundation for a killer saw.

It's a little like Dolmar in that it is well known and respected by pros, (primarily landscapers in this case), but the average homeowner is unfamiliar with the brand. But when you tell them that Red Max is owned by Komatsu, they seem to have instant respect for it.

I can't say enough good things about them. Go for it. You won't regret it.

I have the GT3100 tophandle, it's the same as the 192T (NO match for the 200T) The 5000 might beat the 260, no way will it match the 346s. As for the Dolmar, the jury is still out. My carb. came bad.

Both the 260 and redmax are stronger than the 346 here. I have 3 260's; and 5 346's. I have a question for Timistall, how many years have you cut in Nova Scotia to know what works here?

And here's my piped 5100, finally on its way to me, from ehp.

Stihl Crazy said:
Both the 260 and redmax are stronger than the 346 here. I have 3 260's; and 5 346's. I have a question for Timistall, how many years have you cut in Nova Scotia to know what works here?

The 5000 must run better in the cold. We have a Redmax dealer in town, I have not seen the first 5000 in the woods full time.

I have a redmax 621 that I got this year. It cut 40" redoak without bogging. I really like the saw although it seems to have older design features. bar/chain adjustment from the front. oiler adjuster seems to move from setting. No see through gas tank (not a big deal to me). I would also like to have mine modded to open it up to breath better. I like using it better than my 029 and 039. I am just a firewood cutter.

Latest posts

Back