Reliable Seasoned Wood Provider in Norther New Jersey (Boonton area)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datalcott

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey there,

I'm moving to Boonton, NJ in a few weeks into a place with a nice Jutal c350 insert. We are new to the east coast and so I'll be starting from zero wood. The home has natural gas, so the c350 will just be for supplemental heat. I'm hoping the first winter goes well and the wife is impressed enough to let me go at it a little more seriously next year.

With that in mind I'm wondering if anyone in the northern NJ area can recommend me a firewood supplier that can deliver wood that will be well-seasoned to burn this winter. I'll probably just do 1 cord to get things started (maybe a little more, depending -- only have room to store probably 2 cords max -- city lot and kids need room to run) Suggestions? If it doesn't perform well the wife will be a harder sell in future years, so I don't want to just call some random landscape company and have them dump a load in my driveway.

This outfit is located in Boonton: AAA Firewood - Reliable, Fast, Firewood Delivery quoted me $200 for split, seasoned, and delivered hardwood.

This craigslist supplier is the best looking one on there right now: SEASONED FIREWOOD

Anyhow, I've read up here enough to know that most suppliers are junk, so if any NNJ folks have recommendations please let me know.

DT

Welcome to the area. I have a friend that sells firewood and located the next town over from you in Montville. I will talk to him tomorrow to see what his prices are this year.

Back