• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Remington pro 88

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got found this saw in my grandfathers shop after he had passed away and got it because of its old, unique look and I wanna redo the day new paint and get it back to running I have everything even the barn no chain and I'd like to know so information about the saw and if I can find some parts I may need as to tearing it down and going through everything any help or just general Info about the saw would be great appreciated
Here is the ipl

Attachments

• Pro88 ipl.pdf
    415.3 KB · Views: 4
The evilbay replacement for the Bendix Scintilla coil is a bit spendy.

I've been using the Wico coil out of the Homelite XL-101 types or Remington SL-9 types.

IMG_0170 (Copy).JPG

I total rebuilt mine several years ago. The wrap handle/cradle is quite different than the other Logmaster types.

Sure that wasn't the two-fer deal?

Chris B.

Maybe so.
It has been a long time since I looked last.

I have three out of the four sitting here that I've done.
14458a977f1a75bea762f26e759be9b8.jpg

BTW: Still in search of a good loop or length of 9/16" x .080" for the gear drive. 54dl (?)

The evilbay replacement for the Bendix Scintilla coil is a bit spendy.

I've been using the Wico coil out of the Homelite XL-101 types or Remington SL-9 types.

View attachment 540923

I total rebuilt mine several years ago. The wrap handle/cradle is quite different than the other Logmaster types.
Looks good! Did you have any trouble with the oiler pump cup? I wound up cutting a round piece of rubber and sticking it on the end. Seems to work OK.

l am thinking of moving this Remington arms Bar , Not sure of the correct Saw model application. need help.Rivits are loose and missing. got a used chain, the is not new but bar rails like new. very little or lightly used.

Attachments

• Remington Arms_002.JPG
    Remington Arms_002.JPG
    332.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Remington Arms_001.JPG
    Remington Arms_001.JPG
    401.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Remington Arms_003.JPG
    Remington Arms_003.JPG
    348.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Remington Arms_004.JPG
    Remington Arms_004.JPG
    374.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Remington Arms_005.JPG
    Remington Arms_005.JPG
    347.8 KB · Views: 11
l am thinking of moving this Remington arms Bar , Not sure of the correct Saw model application. need help.Rivits are loose and missing. got a used chain, the is not new but bar rails like new. very little or lightly used.
Is the nose actually riveted in place? On my Mall GP the roller nose is just clipped in place so it pops off easily. What is the length and how much are you asking?

lf l was to guess the rivets in the pic are not original and in the pic you may see the 2 dimples stamped into the roller tip . my guess is they are the clipping mechanism. The bar length total tip to tip is 34". Whats it worth. l will consider selling. shipping might be expensive because of the weight.

Back