Replacement AV Bushings For A Poulan 5200

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more info on those Kevin. Those came in hard and soft versions. The part number you listed is the hard ones. The cheapest I've found those is $9.52/ea. However, I found the soft version in an aftermarket replacement for $2.64/ea. That would give you a whole set of 6 for only $15.84, only $23.79 shipped. Anyone know what thread these would be? The OEM PN for these is 501269704.

Could you share your source for the 2.64 aftermarket part?

Sure why not? I mean that must be so simple.:laugh:

I just threw it out as an alternative direction, something to consider, in either this situation or perhaps another saw where where mounts are NLA. Rubber/ urethane and plastic , etc casting is quite a normal deal, hobbyists and designers/inventors/ prototype builders and so on do it all the time. A simple google search on rubber casting shows a variety of links for materials, how-tos, videos.

Could you share your source for the 2.64 aftermarket part?
I would, but they're not a sponsor:( Send me a PM. Keep in mind, the only way you can use the ones for a metal tank is if you can install steel inserts.

Here's another technique that could be used. This is along the lines of what Rob said...to double thread the tank with these for the plastic tank. Buy and extra mount. Remove the rubber part. Cut a couple vertical lines in the first few threads of the stud and use it as a tap. The idea is to make the stud look something like a self-threading sheet metal screw.

I would, but they're not a sponsor:( Send me a PM. Keep in mind, the only way you can use the ones for a metal tank is if you can install steel inserts.

Here's another technique that could be used. This is along the lines of what Rob said...to double thread the tank with these for the plastic tank. Buy and extra mount. Remove the rubber part. Cut a couple vertical lines in the first few threads of the stud and use it as a tap. The idea is to make the stud look something like a self-threading sheet metal screw.
Hey Brad.
Yeah.
My idea is just better than a broken one.
The Loctite keeps the first movement away that will cause the tearing of material.
It will be strong enough.
Materials testing gets you into and out of trouble. Lol

I like this idea. You might need to weld the metal stud part to something to reach in the hole and to turn while threading it.

Another old saws lives again. She's all back together and running. I had to put one washer between each AV mount and the case. You'll note earlier where I mentioned these were just a hair shorter. I'm very pleased with the results and would do it exactly the same way had I to do it again. Thanks for everyone's input and contributions to this thread.

Another old saws lives again. She's all back together and running. I had to put one washer between each AV mount and the case. You'll note earlier where I mentioned these were just a hair shorter. I'm very pleased with the results and would do it exactly the same way had I to do it again. Thanks for everyone's input and contributions to this thread.

So how did you do it? Thread the new ones in to cut new threads? Pics?

So how did you do it? Thread the new ones in to cut new threads? Pics?

Below is my post from last week. I tapped them 12-24.

I chucked one of these mounts in the lathe but could not cut it without it jumping loose. So, while it was turning in the lathe, I used a file to remove what ended up being just the top of the threads. Had I been going to 10-24, I could have removed all of the coarse threads. As it turned out, I was still able to cut quite decent threads in these studs and they're successfully installed on the saw. I did have to shorten the studs a little. I'll pick up some new M5-.8 screws to fasten the crankcase to the new mounts, and be good to go.

I'll get a pic of the final product later. I'm in the house for the evening.

Back