Restoring A Pioneer P50

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my......:msp_thumbup:

but where's the video? How do we know it runs. Those cookies mighta been cut by a crapsman and then the saw placed there for the pics.:hmm3grin2orange: just funning with ya.

Oh my......:msp_thumbup:

but where's the video? How do we know it runs. Those cookies mighta been cut by a crapsman and then the saw placed there for the pics.:hmm3grin2orange: just funning with ya.

As a matter of fact those cookies were cut by a little Poulan.......this saw hasn't been fueled up yet.

[video=youtube;WkFkMgpGt98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkFkMgpGt98&list=UUg2yelCeKwB12xIohZfmf1g&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

As a matter of fact those cookies were cut by a little Poulan.......this saw hasn't been fueled up yet.

[video=youtube;WkFkMgpGt98]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkFkMgpGt98&list=UUg2yelCeKwB12xIohZfmf1g&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

thought it was a little purty to have seen any wood. Sure is a beautiful piece of art as it sits.:rock:

Beautiful work, Randy. None of my Pioneers ever looked that purty, even when new. Your cherry P50 may not be a candidate for mods, but . . .

As you know, I'm still running my first-ever Pioneer, a P51, modded from day one. And three others.

Put that roller tip on the 750 yet?

Hillwilliam

Beautiful work, Randy. None of my Pioneers ever looked that purty, even when new. Your cherry P50 may not be a candidate for mods, but . . .

As you know, I'm still running my first-ever Pioneer, a P51, modded from day one. And three others.

Put that roller tip on the 750 yet?

Hillwilliam

Not yet, the roller tip is just hanging on the wall. :laugh:

This saw will most likely end up being hopped up some though......heck, it's just what we do. :D

Nice. I love working on these saws, about the simplest things ever built.

I wish I had one that nice. I may have to send one on a trip.:msp_wink: I'm interested in how much you pick up with the port work. They run pretty good as is.

Looks good Randy. I'm out of the Boyesen 2 stage reeds, but they have the template on file there. I think they were approx $25 set.

PioneerP50051.jpg

I'm guessing that over time the exhaust eats into the clutch cover???

Great job :rock:, ongrats to you, Jon, & Mike!

BTW, that "Pullon" Pro 330 sounded & cut great.

Back