Restoring A Pioneer P50

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, those Pioneers are some of the best looking saws ever made in my opinion. Love the powder coat!

Absolutely beautiful. Got questions!

Where do you find the powder coat supplier or do you do it yourself? If you paid for it, how much was it? Forgive me if the answers are in some of the posts, I did not read them all.
Also, any idea what a restored unit like that would sell for?
EZRYDER

Where do you find the powder coat supplier or do you do it yourself? If you paid for it, how much was it? Forgive me if the answers are in some of the posts, I did not read them all.
Also, any idea what a restored unit like that would sell for?
EZRYDER

Another member did the powder coating. Glock37 is the guy.

I wouldn't want to sell this saw at all. I would do one of yours though.......I do that sort of stuff ya know. :laugh:

You've got my interest

So what did Glock charge and approx how much would you to restore a craftsmen Roper built 3.7 circa mid 70's. I have three that run great but are not pretty.
Larry

PioneerP50050.jpg

PioneerP50051.jpg

PioneerP50054.jpg

PioneerP50052.jpg

Looks a little better now huh?

Oh man. That does NOT suck! :bowdown:

This saw will most likely end up being hopped up some though......heck, it's just what we do. :D[/QUOTE]

I have a few tricks I would share, and then you can improve from there. Dang, I'm a poet and didn't know it!

Randy did you find the leak on the Husky ?

Does the p50 run yet ?

The Husky is leaking at an O-ring somewhere in the manual oil system and allowing fuel into the oil. This according to those that know more about these saws than I do. More research is being done. And yes, this saw has been a pain in our asses. :)

Nope.....the P50 has not been fired yet. No time to piddle with my saws..... :(

I have a P-40 that I've had for a few years. Love the way it cut and handled, but the carb needs a kit now. Been planning on fixing it for a while now. Only thing about those saws is the small round holes on the flywheel covers seem to collect alot of chips, and need to be brushed-off frequently. Not a big problem, though. That is an awesome saw, Randy!

Randy you fire up the p50 yet ?

No we haven't my friend. I've got way too much work going on the tinker on my own stuff right now.

I really need to build a 4 cube saw for the KY GTG but it's looking like that ain't gonna happen either. :msp_unsure:

torque monster saws.

I used to have a few p51's.For bucking logs on the landing they were the ticket.Lots of torque.You don't have to be shy when taking the rakers down.Nice job rookie!

the pioneer and the 2100... Beautifull. Very good job Randy (and others). You are making it hard for me to not pack up my 2100 and ship it down to ya. Hmm maybe a christmas present to myself.

Latest posts

Back