right place right time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its sad that they wasted all those "scruples" on a future lawyer.

I feel a little morally higher just being around you, thank you.

Sam

Yeah, it's all right to take someone else's money because it will teach them a lesson. Nice logic pal.

He didn't take anyone's money.

The dumb store boy didn't take his money.

Don't worry Mule, something good will come of this, don't be a pessimist.

There is always a brightside to every story,

Sam

He didn't take anyone's money.

The dumb store boy didn't take his money.

Don't worry Mule, something good will come of this, don't be a pessimist.

There is always a brightside to every story,

Sam
How would you feel if I find your car with your keys in it and take it, helping to teach you to not leave your keys in your car? That's the same thing.

Wrong, Wrong, Wrong.......What school are you going to????

No that is not the same, next.

That is stealing, LOL.

I did not write out a reciept and have you sign it stating that, that was the correct amount for the car/saw, and then in the course of a business transaction both parties agreed that, $600 was the correct price, AND IT WAS PAID.

You are trying to steal my car, which is a crime in most countries, where as the store boy through his own stupidity wrote up an incorrect "contract" for a saw..... that is not stealing, that is stupidity.

I thought you were studying to be a lawyer??? Don't these law schools have standards anymore.

Sad,

Sam

Weather my brother calls the place back that is up to him. Me I guess I am a bad person because I don't feel bad about some 40 year old pot head that can't figure it out. I leave it up to the owner to police his guys. If the owner called I would give himhis money.

I did not write out a reciept and have you sign it stating that, that was the correct amount for the car/saw, and then in the course of a business transaction both parties agreed that, $600 was the correct price, AND IT WAS PAID.

Your reading comprehension is lacking. $650 was the agreed upon price, and it was not paid. $600 was incorrect.

Weather my brother calls the place back that is up to him. Me I guess I am a bad person because I don't feel bad about some 40 year old pot head that can't figure it out. I leave it up to the owner to police his guys. If the owner called I would give himhis money.

So, it's ok to take things from potheads that aren't yours? Is that what you're saying?

Your reading comprehension is lacking. $650 was the agreed upon price, and it was not paid. $600 was incorrect.

Hey, lawyer, go back and read what the price on the Credit Card reciept said...........I'll wait............
After paying my brother looks at the reciept and sees the guy only charged him 600 dollars for it and he gave him some oil to. I could not believe that he got a brand new ms460 for 600 dollars.
Me, "Like I was saying during the course of a business transaction the agreed to price was how much????????????"

Spacemule,"$600, Teacher."

Me,"Thank you, Spacemule, that is correct the correct amount of the signed business contract filled out by the store's employee was $600, which was paid in full by the thread starter's brother. Class is dismissed now."

You've been great Spacemule, you try hard, but given time and guidiance by other senior attorney's you will one day pick up on these little details.

Have a great day,

Sam

Well guys, I'd love to stay and lecture to all you lesser mortals on morals (say that five times fast), but I'm off for the rest of the week for spring break and am going to be out of town. Catch you later!

Spacemule,"$600, Teacher."

Me,"Thank you, Spacemule, that is correct the correct amount of the signed business contract filled out by the store's employee was $600, which was paid in full by the thread starter's brother. Class is dismissed now."

You've been great Spacemule, you try hard, but given time and guidiance by other senior attorney's you will one day pick up on these little details.

Have a great day,

Sam
If you'll notice, I posted earlier that the receipt was $600 and that was all that the seller can now legally get. You fail to distinguish a discussion between morals and one of law. You can't justify your lack of morality by pointing out the legal outcome. As you've said, us lawyers have no morals.

And with that, I'm off. :cheers:

No you tried to steal my car, which is a crime and immoral.

I am only advocating that if the thread starter's brother paid a business contract filled out by a hired store employee, he did not commit a crime, and ONLY suffers from the immoral portion of this story.

The aforemention description shows that you did not provide this thread with an appropriate or relevant example which is simple and only immoral. You provided this thread with an example that involved both criminal action and immorality...........and you were commiting it on top of it.

And you think you will make it in the real world, sad.

Have fun on vaction. Its raining here.

Don't do anything immoral, we wouldn't want to be discussing such topics as morallity with a hypocrite and a liar.

Sam

Congrats on the excellent price for the 460!
I wouldn't have brought the mistake of the salesperson up either. He's paid to do a job...not my fault he wasn't able to do his job...next job maybe he will have learned from this mistake. Guess I must have low morals ehh?

I don't pretend to possess high or even moderately, average morals.........in all truth I probably have very, very low morals.

I feel that if someone forgets to charge me $50 for something then that is there own dumb mistake. I will do my part to help them learn one of life's little lessons. By the same token if someone removes an extra $50 from me do to my own stupidity then shame on me and I appreciate that little life lesson for what it is worth. Sure I might ##### and moan a little but in the end it was me that was dumb. Same with this cash register boy, I think this thread starter's brother is just unknowingly adding to the wealth of experience and knowledge that this cash register boy will need to grow up and be successful in the real world, where everyday some dumbass thief is trying to steal or walk off with $50 every chance they can................ Whoa wait a minute, which side am I argueing here???

A nevermind, good score, if we were uncivilized American Indians your brother would be highly praised for this craftiness. Ah yes, the good ole days, before anti-vibration, LOL.

Sam

You are obviously a good judge of your own moral character.

Congrats on the excellent price for the 460!
I wouldn't have brought the mistake of the salesperson up either. He's paid to do a job...not my fault he wasn't able to do his job...next job maybe he will have learned from this mistake. Guess I must have low morals ehh?

I commend you on your honesty.

I would like to point out though that you stated and I quote,"I wouldn't have brought the mistake of the salesperson up either."

This is an alleged "mistake" it could be the salesman knew full well of his actions and intentions, and simply forgot to verbalize the change in the price. Perhaps he felt bad about something he had done to the brothers sister who had work at the same store and this was his way of making up for it.

Who knows, the thing is, why beat up the members for getting such a good deal, when they paid what was asked of them???

Sam

GJ on getting a great price on the saw. It's not your job to make sure the store doesn't get screwed it's your job to make sure you don't. If they're willing to get rid of that saw for 650 then selling it at 600 isn't going to be any worse consequence to the store. It's already to cheap as is. I know many of you think this is wrong but tbh fine good for you.

If you go into home depot to buy some tool that costs 350 bucks. After getting to the register you realize they only rang it up for 100. Are you going back to the store and pay the 250 difference? I'm just curious. If we're talking small mom/pop store then yeah I'll go back and pay the difference however large business sales? sorry they made a mistake and I reaped the benefit of that mistake.

Do you give an ebay seller the extra 200 bucks between what the saw is worth and what you bought it for? Just because you got a good deal doesn't mean it was your fault. Now if you had something to do with the price mistake directly then shame on you. Salesman to computer rang the price YOU never touched it. You told him what you would pay for it. He agree'd and still charged less? sounds like a good deal to me. Hey lets talk about PPE more can we? that's a better subject. :confused:

Is it better to be honest and of low moral constitution?

Or

Lie and say I am of high moral constitution?

I'm asking you?

Sam

From a societal perspective,it is obviously better for you to be honest about your apparent low moral character and save others from having to learn for themselves.

Back