RIP,..George Jones

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved many of George Jones' songs but the one that comes to mind today is, Who's Going to Fill Their Shoes?. Now the question is who is going to fill his shoes? Country singers are not what they used to be. I'm going to miss ol' George. :msp_sad:

I loved many of George Jones' songs but the one that comes to mind today is, Who's Going to Fill Their Shoes?. Now the question is who is going to fill his shoes? Country singers are not what they used to be. I'm going to miss ol' George. :msp_sad:

Couldn't have said it better...

I recall Jamey Johnson singing that Possum song a few years back. I also recall thoroughly enjoying it. Jamey is a good'n!

Rockin with the Possum!!!!!

The only C&W singer with a #1 hit song in each decade for a period of 5 decades,,, He was from Beaumont, Tx just down the road a bit from here,,

He was definitely one of the greatest. Theres not many of the old ones around any more. Johnny Cash, Hank Wiliams, Porter Wagoner, Conway Twitty....Gone but not forgotten

Matt

My favorite is "A picture of me without you" and "He stopped loving her today".

I can't stand the "Hipity Hop" country music on the radio today. Kari always is baffled when one of those Time Life programs comes on of songs from the 50's thru 70's and I know all the words to the songs playing. Im an Old Soul born in the wrong time period.

I just heard him on the radio driving home from work Monday. I listen to country radio (older playlists) from my truck sometimes when I am splitting wood. Can't think of a Texas musician I don't like.

Roger Miller is a personal favorite of mine too.

Last edited:
Rockin with the Possum!!!!!

The only C&W singer with a #1 hit song in each decade for a period of 5 decades,,, He was from Beaumont, Tx just down the road a bit from here,,

Yes sir, up the street from me too (30 minutes). I've decided that you have the best screen name.. Likely because I grew up in New Braunfels and am also a river rat :msp_thumbup:

RIP, Possum.
The Corvette Song will always be one of my favorite songs.
Ditto. When I think George Jones, The Corvette Song is the first one that comes to mind. I must've heard it a ton when I was a kid or something.

Couldn't have said it better...

I recall Jamey Johnson singing that Possum song a few years back. I also recall thoroughly enjoying it. Jamey is a good'n!
I love Jamey. He'll be in town on Sunday- I wanna go in a bad way but I can't find anyone to go with. Most people nowadays like pop country bs- not the more traditional sounding stuff.
Jamey is a phenomenal singer/songwriter

His songs will play on. That I'm thankfull for. One of a kind voice. He stopped loving her today is my favorite. There are only a few new country singers I like today. I listen to more classic country on pandora than new country.

Counry Music

His songs will play on. That I'm thankfull for. One of a kind voice. He stopped loving her today is my favorite. There are only a few new country singers I like today. I listen to more classic country on pandora than new country.

I suppose I go back a little farther than most of you. My teen and later years, my father played the violin in a local band for round and square dances. My favorites at that time was Ernie Tubb and Eddy Arnold. I have several records from that time. I listen to RFD-TV every Saturday night to the Country reunion. Many of the old time artists with Bill Anderson have made several shows. I enjoy the polka shows also. Wish they would have some on square dancing. I don't like the country music anymore. Most of it doesn't even sound the same.

This is the one I always think of when I hear George Jones:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2pxQVejXwts" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Latest posts

Back