RIP Gypo Logger {John Lambert}

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doubleheader.jpg
nextcounty.jpg

I seen that same pic in his photo bucket but I did not recognize it. Do you know where this building was located?
I knew of 3 places he stayed in up there. That was the 2nd one. The 3rd and last one was that one he was building with the 090 in pic.

Some of the pics he was sharing near the end in my CR FB group. Jan 2023 I will transfer some here from time to time.

324093184_720557362810197_6806032422103581979_n_002.jpg
gl23.jpggl233.jpg

I knew of 3 places he stayed in up there. That was the 2nd one. The 3rd and last one was that one he was building with the 090 in pic.

Some of the pics he was sharing near the end in my CR FB group. Jan 2023 I will transfer some here from time to time.

View attachment 1061753
View attachment 1061751View attachment 1061752
Thanks again, I knew where John was living down in Atlin and was at his place on Bear Berry but had not been told about the place in that pic. Looking forward to any additional pics you may find.

Thanks again, I knew where John was living down in Atlin and was at his place on Bear Berry but had not been told about the place in that pic. Looking forward to any additional pics you may find.

The one pic I enjoyed most was that 1st place where he took the pic with the shotgun. I mean how much closer can you get to Jeremiah Johnson then that now days.

glxxxx.jpg

The one pic I enjoyed most was that 1st place where he took the pic with the shotgun. I mean how much closer can you get to Jeremiah Johnson then that now days.

View attachment 1062067
John had told me that log cabin belonged to a prospector friend of his and located up in the mountains somewhere not far from Atlin.They only used it occasionally, John was up there looking to stake out gold claims.

John had told me that log cabin belonged to a prospector friend of his and located up in the mountains somewhere not far from Atlin.They only used it occasionally, John was up there looking to stake out gold claims.
Thanks for the reminder. I couldnt recall story behind it anymore.

gl233333.jpg

Thanks for the reminder. I couldnt recall story behind it anymore.

View attachment 1062071
I know, Wish I had a record of all the convos we had over the years, most started just before 2010 the year I made a long trip out to Northern BC and worked my way up through Yukon Ter up to Northern Alaska, John had me filled with places to see and stop into on my way around, I visited many more sites and seen much more than an average tourist just passing through. Sadly I cannot retrieve my correspondence any further back in time. His adventures up in the mountains prospecting were as interesting as his exploits in the forest/woods did he ever post pics of the mines he was working in around Atlin?

I posted the link to this thread on his facebook page, and his friends and family love the kind words.
Thanks for doing that. At some point I hope his family members contact me directly, there is one of our members working on that so that I can give them the info they need to access his account.

Back