roadside firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep grab em... Get the manhole cover while your at it.. Scrap is up ya know..:msp_biggrin:

You're right! Just brought a small load to the scrap yard this afternoon ... 118 lbs aluminum, 113 lbs stainless steel, 100 lbs #1 steel, and 460 lbs of light iron ... netted $148 :D

No, those are clearly deadfall - likely a victim of the PPPB (Purple Power Pole Borer). Remember that the greenies and the EPA are colluding to keep you from your god-given right to burn stuff, so if anyone approaches you while you're bucking that stuff up just open up on 'em with major firepower - they're just the EPA police.

(that oughta do it........:poke: )

If you have an OWB, go for it if you want ... is firewood that scarce around your parts? With all the storm damage around here, I hear chainsaws running all the time!! It would seem there will be plenty of firewood this next winter :potstir:

This is why they are talking about banning OWB in PA. Too many people are burning rr ties, utility poles, and garbage.

You mean we are not suppose to burn railroad tie I do it all the time:bang:They are clearing the right of ways under the lines here and so far they have cut me almost 2 full cords of wood and they are only half way across mine. I was suprized to see them cut it in 16 inch lenghts. If they keep going I won't have to cut much wood for next year

One Sure Way

There is one sure way that you can definately get that firewood.

There are a few things that you need to do first.

1. You need to go and buy yourself a orange vest and hard hat.
2. You need to go and stand by the poles, oops I meant logs for several hours and very closely watch them to see if they move.
3. You need to go back the second day with a friend and sit in your truck for 2 hours while watching the poles and drinking coffee.
4. You need to get out of the truck and start chewing tobacco. This way you and your friend can sit around and scratch your heads while spitting and thinking about logs.
5. You need to go back on day three and chew lots more tobacco, have in depth conversation with the 6 friends that you brought with you and talk on the phone constantly.
6. You need to go back on day four and sit in your truck all day (with it running) and so do your friends. This time bring laptops to pass the time. Don't forget to go to the local McDonalds to use the bathroom every hour on the hour.
7. This is when the work gets REALLY tough. After day four is over, Go to the convenience store and buy a case of beer so you have plenty of beer at home to work on the headache that you will need for day 5.
8. Day 5 arrive at log site with splitting headache. Smile at group of friends and talk about how much fun you had last night. Next CAREFULLY watch as a group of Mexicans come and pull the "logs" across the street to your property.

Pretty simple I would say. People around here do that all the time.:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

If you have an OWB, go for it if you want ... is firewood that scarce around your parts? With all the storm damage around here, I hear chainsaws running all the time!! It would seem there will be plenty of firewood this next winter :potstir:
LOL - I have so much real wood to process! I'm trying not to think about how many hours it's going to take and compare that to the number of weekends in a summer.

Now you're talking. From Penn no less. I didn't think you were as crazy as us up there.

Whats this "Penn" you speak of? Up here we are from P, A. We dont call it pennsylvania, penn, or anything other than its initials.... Pa. Nothing more nothing less! :arrogant:

Awe shoot. What does a redneck know about what y'all do up there. But now I know. PPPPP aa . Now I know. :msp_smile:

Meh, I'm not too sensitive about what you call my state. My longtime friends from New Jersey say they cross over into "Pennsy" all the time. Ohio folk say they drive over the border into "P-A". Yinz all take 'er easy, n'at.

I see I deadpanned this whole thread a bit too much. Some people actually took me seriously! :msp_thumbup:
For those of you who don't know me just remember - UncleMoustache = Funny. Everything I say is funny. Even that sentence, and if you didn't laugh, it's because you still feel dumb for taking me seriously in the first place. It's OK. I understand. Now start growing a moustache, and bring world peace to your area of the world. :laugh::laugh:

You folks seem to be just a bit crazy to me....:D
Of course I make my living as an engineer for a city owned Electric Power Company.:laugh:
David

What?!? Stealing powerpoles for firewood seems crazy? You're from down South - just think of it as starting with the phrase, "Hey, y'all! Watch this!"
There. Seems more normal now, eh?? ;):msp_sneaky:

There is one sure way that you can definately get that firewood.

There are a few things that you need to do first.

1. You need to go and buy yourself a orange vest and hard hat.
2. You need to go and stand by the poles, oops I meant logs for several hours and very closely watch them to see if they move.
3. You need to go back the second day with a friend and sit in your truck for 2 hours while watching the poles and drinking coffee.
4. You need to get out of the truck and start chewing tobacco. This way you and your friend can sit around and scratch your heads while spitting and thinking about logs.
5. You need to go back on day three and chew lots more tobacco, have in depth conversation with the 6 friends that you brought with you and talk on the phone constantly.
6. You need to go back on day four and sit in your truck all day (with it running) and so do your friends. This time bring laptops to pass the time. Don't forget to go to the local McDonalds to use the bathroom every hour on the hour.
7. This is when the work gets REALLY tough. After day four is over, Go to the convenience store and buy a case of beer so you have plenty of beer at home to work on the headache that you will need for day 5.
8. Day 5 arrive at log site with splitting headache. Smile at group of friends and talk about how much fun you had last night. Next CAREFULLY watch as a group of Mexicans come and pull the "logs" across the street to your property.

Pretty simple I would say. People around here do that all the time.

Steps 1 through 5 have already been done by some other guys. I think they're trying to muscle in on my wood. Can I just skip to step 8 now, or should I do the other steps first?

I see I deadpanned this whole thread a bit too much. Some people actually took me seriously!
For those of you who don't know me just remember - UncleMoustache = Funny.

You mean you were just "Joshin" us?

Now, Unc, you darn well know the answer to that.

If you so much as look at that softwood, it's gonna cause your whole house to spontaneously combust! Now go find some of those RR ties mentioned earlier. They're usually oak! :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

anything other than its initials.... Pa. Nothing more nothing less! :arrogant:

Care to tell this cheesehead just what the initial "A" stands for in P A? :poke:

I see I deadpanned this whole thread a bit too much. Some people actually took me seriously! :msp_thumbup:
For those of you who don't know me just remember - UncleMoustache = Funny. Everything I say is funny. Even that sentence, and if you didn't laugh, it's because you still feel dumb for taking me seriously in the first place. It's OK. I understand. Now start growing a moustache, and bring world peace to your area of the world. :laugh::laugh:
Hey, I got it.......but then, I have a mustache!:confident:

More porridge please sir ?

Msr. Mustache nailed it and caught the left coast Officials....again. :rock:

We're onto the Lifesaver Theorem: " if you let one.........................."

May I please ? Please Mr. official ? Puleeeeze ? :tongue2:

You'll have bigger problems than collecting firewood if someone was looking out their window when you peed on the road.

Back