Roll Call

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
35 degrees in louisiana this morning, and the ole stove is all fired up!

345cf2bf20700e73809464fb9f77e210.jpg

Thanks

Lows in the single digits and highs not even reaching 20 for all of this week. We still have yet to run our furnace. I loaded the stove up at 11 pm last night and again at 7 am this morning. Our house only dipped down to 67 during that time! One stove, no fans, and a 3300 sq foot house and we are able to heat exclusively with wood unless highs are under 10 degrees! This little stove amazes me every year!

Attachments

• 20141111_131415.jpg
    20141111_131415.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 102
Lows in the single digits and highs not even reaching 20 for all of this week. We still have yet to run our furnace. I loaded the stove up at 11 pm last night and again at 7 am this morning. Our house only dipped down to 67 during that time! One stove, no fans, and a 3300 sq foot house and we are able to heat exclusively with wood unless highs are under 10 degrees! This little stove amazes me every year!
Now that's insulation.

Been off and on since the second week in October here in Maine. Didn't load the stove yesterday at all. Temps dropped pretty good overnight to 20 so I will fire it back up tonight when we get home. The forcast looks like we are now into the full time heating season. Installed a Drolet Heatmax this year and I can get the house up to temp pretty quick so I haven't had to keep a fire running to maintain the house temps. House and basement is also very well insulated so my report may be a bit out of sync with the rest of southern Maine.

Nice, same here, 3200 sq ft and one stove is good till the low teens. What kind of stove is that, I like it.

Was about 12 degrees in North Idaho this morning and I've been burning full time for about a week now. Prior to the cold snap it was an evening fire for the previous week. Burning mainly the rest of the shoulder season lodgepole pine before I move on to the seasoned red fir.

Been burning since Friday night here in eastern Oklahoma. Temps in the 20s and 30s. We built an ICF house (insulated concrete form) about a year ago. I'm able to keep the entire house (3600 sf) between 70-75 with 3 burns a day. Wasn't sure the ICF was going to pay off while we were building it. This is the first winter we've been in it, and I've been amazed how well it holds the heat.

Back