Roll Call

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just took a wheelbarrow of ashes out of the OWB today; I think the last times was last May. but I've been heating my water all this time. Ordered 10 cords of mixed wood tonight and told the supplier if the wood looks good, I'll take two and even three loads. Picked up two 18 pound turkeys at 88 cents per pound, figure I'll start cutting up the logs and think about smoking one of those birds real soon.

52°F in southern Denmark right now (0200AM). That's too darn warm for this time of year. Some times we have allready have had one blizzard in the first part of November. Seems like when NorthAmerica is having a cold Europe are having a heatstroke. Burnig real flimsy junk wood rightnow. Old phased out rotten (now dry) pallets and recreational (by 7 years old son) split spruce is in the stove/boiler. Hang on in there because you guys maybee will have a warm winter and we have a cold jan/feb/mar. At some point the table will turn.

Stay warm and keep cutting

Motorsen

Have one of my stoves going here in Central Md. Hoping that TSC issues its November 10% coupon soon so I can buy chimney pipe and hook up my second one.

Been burning on and off, mostly the small stove sometimes the big one, but the big stove's been cranking since yesterday now. There's even a coating of wet snow out there now - how annoying.

Really nice weather today (40s) for volunteer cutting of massive past storm damage at local Audubon preserves. LOTS more to do- hopefully absence of snow will allow vehicular access to the "outback" areas for another month or so. Looking for vol. sawyers.

Been firing the stove daily for about a month, with increasing intensity, using mainly odds/ends/uglies. That'll change quick. Decent inventory of thoroughly dried primo wood indoors. Gas furnace has been "cold iron" for 13 seasons. Low-efficiency POS. :p

Really love a clean-burning high-efficiency stove. It's habit-forming. :D

Was burning off and on last couple of weeks. The ole wonderwood been burning non-stop since Monday night. Even coming home on my lunch break to stoke the fire. I hate coming home to a cold house. Temp. not suppose to move above 40 degrees till next Wednesday.

11 out now. 68 in the house. Just threw a couple thick chunks in. Have been burning a week and a half. I did run the propane furnace 2 days prior, but my fault for not getting the bird nest out of the chimney sooner.

We even grilled brats and weenies last night inside stove. I have an idea for a sweet slide-in rack on steel "skies" that will be welded up as soon as splitter is back together, so we can "campfire" grill whenever this winter. Will build a collapsible table to slide out of stove on too.....

Although all this cold weather means ice should be forming soon, getting the ice fishin bug

Been burning for a couple weeks now, but my house is a large victorian with NO insulation. Started the boiler this evening. :-(
We'll keep the stove running 22/7 though. Well, probably closer to 18/7 now that I don't need to feed it in the middle of the night. Boiler will get the house warm for morning and then shut off until the next morning. Rest of the day is wood heat.

I lit the fire that's burning now two nights ago. We had a hell of a windstorm, lost power for a day and a half. Temps in the 20's at night, right at freezing during the day. This morning we had snow but now it's turned to freezing rain. The wood stove was pulling double duty for a while, heating the house and cooking our meals!

Making oatmeal.

by wood4heat on Arboristsite.com

Had a Doug fir try and join one of my wood piles!

by wood4heat on Arboristsite.com

Central B.C.
Been minus 17C (1 or 2 F) over night here for the last few days, about minus 12C (10 or 11 F) during the day. We keep the Clayton furnace stoked up pretty much 24/7 to maintain a comfortable, if cool, indoor temp.
Going out tomorrow to cut more firewood, it will be standing dead pine, we've got lots of them here on our property.

-2F this morning in central MN. burning strong in both stoves. already burned well over a cord since september when the first lighting was

Check. 18 here in SW Va
ffdf742c3c8027757ce4651e6fb8af2f.jpg

First continuous burn started @ 2:30pm on 11/13/14, a little earlier than in the past few years, temp is 23* outside and 76* in here

The owb has seen fire with the temp turned down for a couple weeks,,last night I cranked temp set up to 175 and tossed a 1/2 load in the hungry beast around 6:30pm, it's still throwing heat but I bet the greedy s.o.b. will want more wood, more wood when I get outside shortly.

Back