Ropensaddle,s world Arkansas style

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to do golf course number 3 tomorrow but may not depending on how much tree work there is, I know there was supposed to be some and several stumps and still have them pines to finish too. I will call them in the am, may just drop the wheel of at the tire shop and go finish the pines and hit the course thursday. It stinks breaking down tires and having to use a four way and cheater pipe to loosen the lugs. I have an impact but it is too wimpy:cry: It will get them after I loosen and will snug them up but I always tight the crap outta them with the four way, don't want them coming loose:jawdrop:

I am looking to buy a big husky from a friend I met here on AS. I believe it is a 3120 (not as familiar with husky models as I am stihl). I think he has to put a new piston in it first. I can't remember exactly what all he has to do to it but I am looking forward to him getting it running so I can buy it. Not going to rush him though, he's got several projects going right now, including fixing my stump grinder.

The control cover. They even got real old stuff. It is in Alliance Ohio I think and you can find them with a search. They have treated me real good.

I will give it a try thanks. I have been doing some work on her on half days. I need a week to just work on it really. I have had to splice the control lines to keep it flying, I have the line to redo it but want to change drive cables and leveling cables when I do that. I also have to take the rotation gear box off and get one of the ears welded it loosened up a broke an ear in the ice storm. I have been babying it, the good thing is; I have done repairs on these for 15 years or so, in my last full time job we repaired our own stuff. Knowing what you need and having the money to do it are different though. I will be fixing much of it this summer though if I can stay busy.

Yeah, I was surprised I had the patience to do it. Funny what you can do when you cannot afford to pay someone else. It was maybe 15 years ago.

Today's golf course and going back for a tree that I need my big saw on. We ground several stumps and cut these two then went to a smaller job and finished the day grinding a stump and loading chunks another service left what used to be their customer and is now mine lol.
They left such a mess that I asked the lady if she done the trees lol, she told me no that the contractor left the mess and did not finish what they said they would do. I am going back to clean their mess next week. They are nice customers too the kind ole ropey likes lol. I did not have the cam then but got the golf course pics from this am!

I believe this is an ash lightning struck!

Last edited:
Well, I was wondering if you were ever going to get out of that bucket and do some work. :hmm3grin2orange:

Not a bad looking old ford at all there rope. What year is it?

I guess it is a rest day today, help did not show and it is wet and calling for more but rope will be putting in a day tomorrow, will hit course, drop last tree and cut up with the 395. Then drive thirty miles to finish the pine and haul logs and maybe start the neighbors tree!

Been raining all morning here. Hopefully it will dry out enough by Monday to do my big tree by the power lines. Got one more big gum to do for another client as well but again, can't do any ground damage there either. Just have to wait and let it dry up a little.

Back