Ropes and Blocks and Such

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need to apologize for your limited ability to understand. You see some folks cannot see the forrest for the trees. Perhaps your understanding will become enhanced if you focus on your use of the word "practice"
Here is how it works. A few attempts are made to determine the amount of "practice" that will likely be needed
and for some whose time is worth a few dollars an hour determine that it would be a lot cheaper to acquire
said cheat device. I dont understand why you feel the need to use a chain saw. Are you too lazy to use
your axe ? The devices you refer to are called tools. It is very rare to not be able to justify your tool use.
Yep, I've seen some mighty fancy throwbag shots . . . by other people. And I've wasted a lot of time trying to throw mine through some little hole between branches. Which is why I bought a Big Shot. Most times I hit my target in one or two shots, where without that great tool I'd be throwing and throwing and throwing.

I think my customers, if they ever knew what was going on in my work, would have appreciated my Big Shot, as they were paying for my work by the hour and probably would not like to pay for 1/2 an hour of poor throwing when 3 minutes of Big Shot use would do the job.

Back