Ropetek Wraptor on Ebay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its one of those things that if you never had it I dont think you would miss it?? there are several other systems much cheaper & less clumsy than this that will get one aloft in a decent time.

wait till that motor craps itself mid flight.....Nah, Ill use a mechanical means of which I have control, this might be a good thing for those wanting to study aloft without having to climb (scientists, biologists, etc..)

LXT.................

Then do those like you mentioned get a bag of depends with purchase lol cause their going to need them if they are not used to vertigo lmfao:cheers:

That was a great deal. Congratulations. You're going to love it in spite of comments to the contrary. You can sip ice tea on the way up while they're grunting. Oh, you dropped your straw. No problem. Just go down and get another one and motor your way back up. Life is sweet with no sweat,
Phil

That was a great deal. Congratulations. You're going to love it in spite of comments to the contrary. You can sip ice tea on the way up while they're grunting. Oh, you dropped your straw. No problem. Just go down and get another one and motor your way back up. Life is sweet with no sweat,
Phil

Yeah in about five months we will be callin ya big wood too:hmm3grin2orange:

Yeah in about five months we will be callin ya big wood too:hmm3grin2orange:

LMFAO, :cheers:

Yeah I always sip tea while climbing......C`mon, that thing will #1 turn you into one of the Biggest losers contestants, #2 IMO...not make me enough extra cash to pay for itself & #3 is just plain clumsy & un-necesary!

Hmmm...Ill bet a decent footlock system user is just as fast?

LXT............

Yeah I always sip tea while climbing......C`mon, that thing will #1 turn you into one of the Biggest losers contestants, #2 IMO...not make me enough extra cash to pay for itself & #3 is just plain clumsy & un-necesary!

LXT............

I could see it saving a lot of time and energy when you have many trees to prune. My hand and foot ascenders work just fine for me now. Who knows, If I finally strike it rich this year I might buy one for myself... :D

LXT............

Thanks for your concern but I'm an old man and I do every single bit of my own ground work so whatever energy I can save in the tree I use up on the ground. If I could buy magic beans to get me where I need to go I'd buy them. My hero days are long gone.
Phil

Thanks for your concern but I'm an old man and I do every single bit of my own ground work so whatever energy I can save in the tree I use up on the ground. If I could buy magic beans to get me where I need to go I'd buy them. My hero days are long gone.
Phil

Just say no to the magic beans... I've seen it bring many a climber down. :cheers:

I used to think like ltx! Didn't take long to discover IF there is an easier way, USE it. I don't work so I can suffer, I work to make coin!!!

The Wraptor is just a tool, tools usually make work easier. Hmmmm maybe LTX uses a bucksaw too!

Phil

I can understand what you are saying, Ill be there someday! as far as me using a bucksaw..........LOL, Nah stihl 200t or the old 020! for the fine prunes an Ibuki or silky.

my thinking was by the time you set up your rig & attach this heap of gas powered ascension , choke it, start it, re-choke it, let it warm up & then finally "Batman" your way to your tie in point.........Ill already have the tree done after I footlocked to my tie in point.....

LXT..............

I used to think like ltx! Didn't take long to discover IF there is an easier way, USE it. I don't work so I can suffer, I work to make coin!!!

The Wraptor is just a tool, tools usually make work easier. Hmmmm maybe LTX uses a bucksaw too!

Don't get me wrong I see its value but shelling out the coin for now is a problem!

Don't get me wrong I see its value but shelling out the coin for now is a problem!

Hell ropes you could prolly get a years worth of illegal immigrants for the price of the raptor! LOL.......just kidding!

LXT.............

I had a thought today concerning this thread. Why buy this:

side_view.6121630_std.png

When you could buy this

media.nl

and this

ted_270pfr.jpg
Comes with REVERSE !

for about the same amount of money? Groundies could hoist you into a tree, then use the GRCS to do the rest of the job.

Granted, you would have much more control over your ascent using the wraptor, but you would get a LOT more use out of the other two devices. Drill would be very good for cabling; also those rare moments when you desperately need to do diagnostic core sampling.:dizzy:

When you could buy this

media.nl

and this

ted_270pfr.jpg
Comes with REVERSE !

for about the same amount of money? Groundies could hoist you into a tree, then use the GRCS to do the rest of the job.

Granted, you would have much more control over your ascent using the wraptor, but you would get a LOT more use out of the other two devices. Drill would be very good for cabling; also those rare moments when you desperately need to do diagnostic core sampling.:dizzy:

My thoughts exactly. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a wraptor but a GRCS is gonna come first for me.

LOL, I was going to tell you to just buy a wraptor in your SRT thread but thought better of it. I didn't want to derail your thread.

LMAO on the core sampling!!! :clap:

When you could buy this

media.nl

and this

ted_270pfr.jpg
Comes with REVERSE !

Well I suppose the twenty ton winch on the front of my bucket can do both pieces gcrs and wraptor:monkey: Anything I need the grcs on I can do with the winch as I likely have the bucket there anyway!

Dammit Rope. Some morning you will wake up to an empty spot on the front of your truck where the winch used to be. Arkinsaw isn't that far away.

I'll power it with my log splitter as a hydraulic supply, strapped to the tree like a huge GRCS...

Dammit Rope. Some morning you will wake up to an empty spot on the front of your truck where the winch used to be. Arkinsaw isn't that far away.

I'll power it with my log splitter as a hydraulic supply, strapped to the tree like a huge GRCS...

It right there go ahead make my day lmfao. I plan to build a boulard for it too the shaft is already there:monkey:

Latest posts

Back