Rubber covering for Stihl front handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redray46

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I know someone posted a good substitute for the original covering,but I have not been able to find it in the search function.My dealer could not find a part number to order any for me.Some help please.
Ray

I have used herculiner before for other things and I think it would be a perfect use here. I certainly wouldn't look like the original handle but would give you a better grip IMO.

I read a thread earlier where a member was talking about using black rubber hose from the hardware store. I dont remember which thread or the name of the member. He was in the process of rebuilding a Stihl 041. He mentioned he measured the handle dia and then bought the same size black hose. Hope that helps, sorry I dont remember more.

i had some of the herculiner left from doing my nerf bars so i used it on an 041 handle it turned out real nice

Go to a bicycle store, or find a bicycle store online. Look for handle bar tape. I have found this to work very well.

Latest posts

Back