runs for a minute then dies.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COWBOYJAKE

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
ok i know this isnt a chainsaw but close enough.....other sites no help.

its a husky 322l trimmer

like said above i can get it to start it will run for 30 seconds or so and die, i had it run for about 5 min during all the run and stalls once but then got worse. it acts like its running out of fuel. i dumped fuel looked at filter it looks clean and put fresh fuel/oil mix in. still same problem. spark plug is light brown on end, not wet, my fater in law used the trimmer and i think the fuel he got had ethonal in it since theres a white residue around gas cap vent like what plastic looks like after its been sprayed with brake cleaner. i always get my gas from a NO ethonal station for the weed wacker and chainsaws. seems like to me that its runnin out of fuel. i havent had to work on any 2 strokes in sooo long im lost where to start at the moment past here. if you prime the snot out of it it runs longer. seems like when i get problems like this last couple times ive gone and gotten a new one and sold the old one!!

A easy first check I like to do is a compression test. After that check the fuel line for tiny cracks. Is the tank vent clogged? You can crack the fuel cap to check that, if it runs better you found the problem. May have gunk in the carb also.

ill have to get a comp gauge to check comp. it feels like the comp is good.

ill have to check the fuel lines i think that ethonal fuel could have done it there. i know in race cars ive had if i didnt flush the methonal out of the fuel injection system it would clog up on me. and my dads car was carburated and we would get it off the race track and dump the carbs out.

the tank vent is good it has fresh fuel around it from me dumpin it over.

what is the impulse line? im pretty sure it just has 2 lines out of the tank. one right to the carb and one to the primer bulb.

im gonna get some carb cleaner tommorow and clean the carb out

ill have to get a comp gauge to check comp. it feels like the comp is good.

ill have to check the fuel lines i think that ethonal fuel could have done it there. i know in race cars ive had if i didnt flush the methonal out of the fuel injection system it would clog up on me. and my dads car was carburated and we would get it off the race track and dump the carbs out.

the tank vent is good it has fresh fuel around it from me dumpin it over.

what is the impulse line? im pretty sure it just has 2 lines out of the tank. one right to the carb and one to the primer bulb.

im gonna get some carb cleaner tommorow and clean the carb out

The impulse line connects to the bottom on the carb and runs to the intake side of the cylinder, on most Stihl's anyway. You may need a IPL for that trimmer to get a better idea of where it's at. Check that fuel line first though.....

thanks guys!!

it was a broke fuel line right at the tank

i just happened to think about taking a piece to town with me to get some more and i went to get it off there and it broke right off

thanks again

Back