Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks to be a 6800, the bolt centers on the clutch cover are different than the 116/120si?

Oh goodness, you are right, it isn't a 120Si. It is actually a 6000i that I put a 120Si p/c on. I thought they used the same dogs but I am sure to be wrong. I have a 120Si - will check tomorrow and confirm. Sorry about the mistake. Boy, I must be loosing it, made some blunders in the Poulan thread the other day too. Better start an old timer's thread where I can hang out.:msp_biggrin:

BTW, can anyone tell me anything about the Dolly 310 chop saw?

I have heard rumors,

Then 166 posted a picture of one.

It's based on the 153, 100 cc of low down torque.

I have a 343 cutoff, based on the 143 95cc, it pulls a 14" wheel with no problem.

I am always keeping my eye out for a 310 though.

Oh goodness, you are right, it isn't a 120Si. It is actually a 6000i that I put a 120Si p/c on. I thought they used the same dogs but I am sure to be wrong. I have a 120Si - will check tomorrow and confirm. Sorry about the mistake. Boy, I must be loosing it, made some blunders in the Poulan thread the other day too. Better start an old timer's thread where I can hang out.:msp_biggrin:

No worries Mate,

The only reason I knew there was a difference is I ordered one outer for my 120, it must have been for the 6000/6800.

The bottom hole needed welded shut and some weld fill to get where it needed to be.

If there are any NOS outers for the si, I would like a couple meself.

Here's the one I modded years back, it resides with my older Brother now.

Sometimes wish I'd have kept it, he complains that it marks it's territory:bang:

155121d1287872618-dsc00961-jpg

Don`t let that shake you up, I get myself in hot water occasionally making little mistakes when trying to recall specific info on things I did 30-40 years ago. I first started pulling chainsaw engines apart and fixing therm around 1960 so a lot of water has run under the bridge since then. All of the many hundreds of engines I must have worked on since then get sorta jumbled together and a small slip up is surely to happen from time to time.

Question for 166;

did the 116si/120si etc come from the factory with a painted muffler?

Yes they were painted black.

The outer dawg for the 116/120 sI part number ,.957 250 050

That part number is for the 5 point spike bar. Part # 030 250 030 is the larger 3 point spike bar like what I showed on the 116Si picture

Guess that means no?

?

Please,

any one have full wraps for the 120 si?

Also looking for the 133/143 as well as the 153 full wrap.

I may know where there are some 143 full wraps.

I have heard rumors,

Then 166 posted a picture of one.

It's based on the 153, 100 cc of low down torque.

I have a 343 cutoff, based on the 143 95cc, it pulls a 14" wheel with no problem.

I am always keeping my eye out for a 310 though.

This 310 is brand new!

Wankelmix011.jpg

Wankelmix009.jpg

Wankelmix010.jpg

Wankelmix012.jpg

Dolmar 310 Pictures from:
René (ebbemichel)
Check his website for a nice collection of Dolmars!
René und seine Motorsägen - Home

No worries Mate. The reason I knew there was a difference is I ordered one outer for my 120, it must have been for the 6000/6800.

Yes, you are right the spacing of the mount screws is a little different.

DSC00404_zps2de60f4d.jpg

Don`t let that shake you up, I get myself in hot water occasionally making little mistakes when trying to recall specific info on things I did 30-40 years ago. I first started pulling chainsaw engines apart and fixing therm around 1960 so a lot of water has run under the bridge since then. All of the many hundreds of engines I must have worked on since then get sorta jumbled together and a small slip up is surely to happen from time to time.

You are very kind, sir. Somehow I feel better! Now if I make any more boo-boos someone kick me.

This 310 is brand new!

Very nice! I always liked the look of those big 100cc Dollies.

Anybody ever hear of a Sachs-Dolmar 134 Chainsaw?

Nope. But hell, I forget my own name these days.:msp_biggrin:

Last edited:
Speaking of 120Si's. I picked up this pair of ugly sisters the other day. Will take a while to get to them but they are both goers.

DSC00405_zps239c5635.jpg

DSC00408_zps162991b7.jpg

Here's a saw that was added to the collection a few weeks ago.
I want to Thanks Fossil for all his efforts in picking this saw up
then getting it to me. He went way beyond the call of chainsaw duty.
Been wanting one of these Dolmar CA's for awhile but you never see
then in the US of A. There in Germany alot but the cost to ship
wouldn't be worth it. She's a great runner and in pretty nice shape.

Lee

DolmarCAHomeliteXL870001.jpg

DolmarCAHomeliteXL870002.jpg

DolmarCAHomeliteXL870003.jpg

Here's a saw that was added to the collection a few weeks ago.
I want to Thanks Fossil for all his efforts in picking this saw up
then getting it to me. He went way beyond the call of chainsaw duty.
Been wanting one of these Dolmar CA's for awhile but you never see
then in the US of A. There in Germany alot but the cost to ship
wouldn't be worth it. She's a great runner and in pretty nice shape.

Lee

DolmarCAHomeliteXL870001.jpg

DolmarCAHomeliteXL870002.jpg

DolmarCAHomeliteXL870003.jpg

Very nice CA you got there Lee. There were quite a few CA and CT`s up this way. I have two CA`s to pick up one of these fine days.

Here is the Sachs Dolmar 134 Chainsaw!

Don't believe there is another picture of this saw posted anywhere.

I've waited 2-1/2 years for this thread to reach page 134 so I could put this picture up.:)

attachment.php

View attachment 274793

So whats a 134?????????????????????????????????????????

Kind of looks like the predecessor of the 7900?

Do tell us the cc Please.

So whats a 134?????????????????????????????????????????

Kind of looks like the predecessor of the 7900?

Do tell us the cc Please.

The 134 (1990-1991) was a prototype saw that never went to production. It's advertised displacement was between 5 - 5.5CI (82-90cc).

It was the predecessor to the PS-9000 that came out in 1992.

The 134 (1990-1991) was a prototype saw that never went to production. It's advertised displacement was between 5 - 5.5CI (82-90cc).

It was the predecessor to the PS-9000 that came out in 1992.

now that you say that It does look strikingly like my 9010!

I did pass by to tell you all I found a 6800i makita for my smurf collection. I also wanted someone to spell out the differences between the 120, 120 super, 120Si, and 6800i... Port timing, stroke length, carb different, ignition limited or non? Any answers to these would help me greatly since I have a 120si, 120, 6800i x2... All in bits and pieces. I wanted to put the best stuff into the smurf to make it the best runner... Any and all help apprecitated cause all I got right now is what acres tells me... :(

What has been posted is the 6800 and 120si cylinders will interchange.

Don't know of any differences (I have several of both)

The 6800 should have the "eco oiler" as do the later 116/120si, basically it only runs when the clutch is engaged.

I know a few tricks that will make 'em run like the best 70cc saws (or better)

I would like to know who snarfed the 166 from the dude out West?

Seems everyone that comes up gets a "back door" deal.

I have the patience of an old fisherman, someday one will be mine!

Back