Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for a Solo piston ring

I know this is not a Solo forum but seems to be the closest thing. I need a piston ring for a 654 which is 45mm. Does anyone know of a source of supply? I'm also trying to get my hands on a Sachs 112 not far from me in Ontario.

Many thanks,

Lee:msp_confused:

I know this is not a Solo forum but seems to be the closest thing. I need a piston ring for a 654 which is 45mm. Does anyone know of a source of supply? I'm also trying to get my hands on a Sachs 112 not far from me in Ontario.

Many thanks,

Lee:msp_confused:

Did you try Northwoods ? Long as its 45mm and the right thickness it should work?

got a fuel issue on my 120si. question is ,if the injector is bad will the saw still run? problem is im getting no fuel thru the carb.did a quick carb cleaning,nothing there. possible just need a full rebuild?

any body know a source for the rebuild kits for the tilly 236c?

What is the differance between the red and black coils on the 6400/7900 series Dolmars? My stock 6401 has a black coil and it seems to out run my "8500" in small wood. I just got the stock saw running yesterday (thanks AS members help) so I haven't compared them in any big stuff yet. Is the black coil unlimited? Why won't they swap without changing the flywheel. So many questions!

:confused2:

Both coils are limited. Dolmar changed to the red coils when they came out with heated handle models. There is no performance difference that I can tell between the two coils.

got a fuel issue on my 120si. question is ,if the injector is bad will the saw still run? problem is im getting no fuel thru the carb.did a quick carb cleaning,nothing there. possible just need a full rebuild?

If the injector is leaking and not seating properly
it will run rich or flood out. Check your fuel lines
and filter as well as possible carb kit.

Lee

If the injector is not putting out any fuel at all the saw should run without it. It is just really tough to get started. I have a 111i that the injector did not work on and I had to hand prime it to get it to start.

Google

RK27HS

Might check the Tillotson website.

Could be they still sell the "injector" poppet?

hi, i cut with dolmar saw (7900 and 5105 )
i live in france and my dolmar has a catalized muffler exhaust and as it is in warranty i would like to change it for a non catalyzed (and no modify my original muffler so...)
because i find it not cut very very good with a good chain. i make a good settup of carb because it was ####ting original (i am mecanics), but i think this catalyzer is not good...
good in lkittle wood but when it is 35/40 cm...it is not very very good...
if someone know reference dolmar for me or can have one in usa (because here in france not easy to find), i could pay by paypal if you could send me by usps...

thanks for your advise guys.
benjamin

I also am fairly lucky at finding chainsaws in the dumpsters or out on the curbside on garbage day. I have found some in like new condition and at least 2 that still had the bill of sale attached to the handle. Truly amazing that someone would throw out a new or nearly new saw and even more amazing that I found them, seeing as I have CAD..

Jerry your inbox is full. Tom

sach dolmar 112

wondering were do i get a new carb or carb kit for a sachs dolmar 112. it orange with points igition. been sitting for over ten years. i blew it up on my dad when i was younger and not a smart. but now i am trying to fix my mistake of not mixing the gas. i rebuilt it with a used piston and jug and it has 147lbs compression good blue spark but carb is all messed up. noe one around my area wants to work on it. so im still trying to do my father proud. i have cleaned everything and it still caughs and puffs out the carb and sometimes the exhaust. i have had it running and even started to cut wood just starts hard and still not quite right. any help is greatly appriated.
new to here so be easy on me. lol
thanks

wondering were do i get a new carb or carb kit for a sachs dolmar 112. it orange with points igition. been sitting for over ten years. i blew it up on my dad when i was younger and not a smart. but now i am trying to fix my mistake of not mixing the gas. i rebuilt it with a used piston and jug and it has 147lbs compression good blue spark but carb is all messed up. noe one around my area wants to work on it. so im still trying to do my father proud. i have cleaned everything and it still caughs and puffs out the carb and sometimes the exhaust. i have had it running and even started to cut wood just starts hard and still not quite right. any help is greatly appriated.
new to here so be easy on me. lol
thanks

Find out what brand/model of carb you have. Rebuild kits are available on eBay and at your local OPE shop. While you have it apart, make sure you clean it out well. Initially, start with your H & L screws about 1+ turns out and adjust from there. Good luck!

well i know the points have been cleaned and checked. i had the place were my dad bought it look at it and they said spark is fine. but then they said 145lbs compression was not good either. so i checked the spark and its goood and blue. i also had flywheel off and cleaned it with the help of my father. they seem all ok. the second repair shop told me def all in the carb needs a rebuild kit, but we have no access to those parts may want to think of gettin a new saw. i have cleaned the carb many times, i just kinda thinking from other forums on here. sounds like the metering plate is really important and thinking could that diaphram be gone. pioneer guy got me a link to carb guys so goin to try that. any other thoughts please let me know. thanks

Added another almost new old stock Dolmar to the collection this week! Saw has run but never cut any wood, put some gas in it and it started first pull!

I'll have to get a picture of it tomorrow.

Added another almost new old stock Dolmar to the collection this week! Saw has run but never cut any wood, put some gas in it and it started first pull!

I'll have to get a picture of it tomorrow.

Yeah sure, nice way to keep a guy from getting decent sleep wondering what nice find you got your hands on there...

Back