Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
120si and 6800i up for sale/trade whatever...

I have a saw and a half... 2 good cylinders and one good piston... I believe all that's needed for a runner is clutch drum and worm gear... Some regular maintence like cleaning, fuel lines, and seals might be needed.

120si question

Fixing a friends 120si.Found flywheel side seal bad.Was going to do both but foung worm on crank for oil pump.How bad are they to remove that worm and get back on?For now was going to let it go. Thanks Dave

Fixing a friends 120si.Found flywheel side seal bad.Was going to do both but foung worm on crank for oil pump.How bad are they to remove that worm and get back on?For now was going to let it go. Thanks Dave

Not familiar with that saw but would guess you'll need a puller to remove it. I tried to pull one on another saw with two screw drivers but buggered up the worm gear. Had to get a new one which I installed by using a socket to gently put it on.

well built machine, I had no problem with disassembly, oil pump was easy to get off, cant say about the crank seal if that's the one? might require splitting the crank case! now thats a whole different ball game.

Hey guys, I am new to the site, I have been flicking through a few threads and I have seen some nice old Dolmar's, I thought I would post up my grandfathers old CT. It has been sitting in the shed for years, we pulled the carby off it to put on a go kart last year, but I think I am going to get it up and running again. it is all original but it is missing the lower part and the rubber grip from the rear handle. Would anyone know where to possibly find one? I know these things are getting very rare now. here are a couple of pics.

Hey guys, I am new to the site, I have been flicking through a few threads and I have seen some nice old Dolmar's, I thought I would post up my grandfathers old CT. It has been sitting in the shed for years, we pulled the carby off it to put on a go kart last year, but I think I am going to get it up and running again. it is all original but it is missing the lower part and the rubber grip from the rear handle. Would anyone know where to possibly find one? I know these things are getting very rare now. here are a couple of pics.

Very nice CT. Doesn't look like it was abused at all.
Wish i could help with parts.
Good luck with it.

Lee

I would try the German eBay site... There's always some ca/ct stuff there. You can also try asking in the swap meet thread.

Ps-34

This weekend I have been cutting up a old barn in sections to move it to my burn hole.
I have been using this Dolmar saw that I got on e-bay for $30. and it just needed a fuel line. It runs excellent for a saw that doesn't seem real popular.

This weekend I have been cutting up a old barn in sections to move it to my burn hole.
I have been using this Dolmar saw that I got on e-bay for $30. and it just needed a fuel line. It runs excellent for a saw that doesn't seem real popular.

I hope you never have to replace the oil pump...the complete engine has to be removed first :(

Great little saw even though maintenance is a pain... For the price you did really well!

For the people who want to have a dolmar 166 there is a brand new one on Ebay Germany

Gr Luc

The German to English EBAY Germany Dolmar 166 Listing long but entertaining too.

[I]Hello chainsaw lover ,

here comes the mega -saw for sale .

A Dolmar 166 ! !

In this state, probably not available anymore.

Connoisseurs know what I mean. The saw is being sold as used , as you can see in the pictures , but it is almost like new . One must not speak of operating hours , but minutes of operation here . The saw was not cleaned but as it is scanned . She comes from a Sammlung.Wie I was told by the owner , is still the original sword and the original spark plug in by the time the machine was purchased by the Dolmar dealer on it. Also, it is still the first chain . There were cuts in spruce made ​​to the brutal force that has this machine to test some extent. Just for the fun of it . The saw was never used professionally . After sawing the chain was always relaxed to relieve the Kurblewellenlager .

Also be seen in the photos that given the age , on the machine base paint traces are barely visible. The tracks come from , among other things moving on the bench for the purpose of maintenance. The saw chain oil has never seen , only motor oil. Also she was always fresh supplies , the no rubber hose , etc. may have suffered . It smells neither for oil or gas. Black soot on the piston only be seen on one side . For old long saws clear oil spilled coal would be available to the entire surface . Look at rest of the photos.

The saw was always left to warm up before use. After the "work" also still some time left to chug at idle hot spots to vermeiden.Darum the engine has probably this beary compression. One can quickly if you do not know how to start , get tendonitis . Friends that thing really has power! And an incredible sound . I have something else just for motorcycles gehört.Es is not a saw for beginners. It's a 75er 404er chain sword with it, all of Dolmar . Engine power 8PS loud Dolmar . I have worked with a Stihl880 , but the Dolmar not only has the better sound but also went through the wood better . We have tried this and I could barely even glauben.Na yes, of course understandable . Previously such saws are built for performance. Today on fulfillment of exhaust and noise regulations . The fast because a pair of PS to stay on track is understandable.

The saw is being sold as used . Since this is a private sale are etc.ausgeschlossen exchange , redemption, conversion , guarantee and warranty . The bidder / buyer operates the with its bid . Not agree , do not bid !

So let's serve up the early Christmas gift for the right man -

3,2,1 yours[
/I] :clap:

Regards all, Ted

When I was assembling my 6800i, I noticed that the older 120si had that metal oil pump gear. I almost wish I would have pulled it to put on the 6800i so I never have to worry about a bad oil pump worm gear. I decided against it ultimatly but I'm sure you could try using heat to heat both the crank and the worm and them cooling the crank with ice cubs and then pullin it.

120si

Thanks was going to heat but didn't think about ice.For now going to leave it go.Got the seal,oil pump seal,and going to p/u an oil line.Then that side should be covered down the road.Thanks,David

The German to English EBAY Germany Dolmar 166 Listing long but entertaining too.

[I]Hello chainsaw lover ,

here comes the mega -saw for sale .

A Dolmar 166 ! !

In this state, probably not available anymore.

Connoisseurs know what I mean. The saw is being sold as used , as you can see in the pictures , but it is almost like new . One must not speak of operating hours , but minutes of operation here . The saw was not cleaned but as it is scanned . She comes from a Sammlung.Wie I was told by the owner , is still the original sword and the original spark plug in by the time the machine was purchased by the Dolmar dealer on it. Also, it is still the first chain . There were cuts in spruce made ​​to the brutal force that has this machine to test some extent. Just for the fun of it . The saw was never used professionally . After sawing the chain was always relaxed to relieve the Kurblewellenlager .

Also be seen in the photos that given the age , on the machine base paint traces are barely visible. The tracks come from , among other things moving on the bench for the purpose of maintenance. The saw chain oil has never seen , only motor oil. Also she was always fresh supplies , the no rubber hose , etc. may have suffered . It smells neither for oil or gas. Black soot on the piston only be seen on one side . For old long saws clear oil spilled coal would be available to the entire surface . Look at rest of the photos.

The saw was always left to warm up before use. After the "work" also still some time left to chug at idle hot spots to vermeiden.Darum the engine has probably this beary compression. One can quickly if you do not know how to start , get tendonitis . Friends that thing really has power! And an incredible sound . I have something else just for motorcycles gehört.Es is not a saw for beginners. It's a 75er 404er chain sword with it, all of Dolmar . Engine power 8PS loud Dolmar . I have worked with a Stihl880 , but the Dolmar not only has the better sound but also went through the wood better . We have tried this and I could barely even glauben.Na yes, of course understandable . Previously such saws are built for performance. Today on fulfillment of exhaust and noise regulations . The fast because a pair of PS to stay on track is understandable.

The saw is being sold as used . Since this is a private sale are etc.ausgeschlossen exchange , redemption, conversion , guarantee and warranty . The bidder / buyer operates the with its bid . Not agree , do not bid !

So let's serve up the early Christmas gift for the right man -

3,2,1 yours[
/I] :clap:

Regards all, Ted
It's at 600.00 US now,might be worth watching

Back