Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone build one of these or have some dims for taking off a stubborn 120 clutch?

Clutch Remover Tool for Dolmar 112, 113, 114, 116, 117, 119, 120, PS-6000, PS-6800 - [944500680] - $36.68

I make them out of old sockets. All you need is a cut off wheel on a die grinder or Dremel. The one in the pic is a 1" socket. It does a wide variety of clutches. I made one with 2 ears similar to the link, I use for most Poulan clutches.

IMG_9648.jpg

New to Sachs dolmar

I got my selfs a Sachs dolmar 119 first one ive owned belive it gonna need rings as the compression is really low but the cylinder is not in bad shape . Will a p/c from a 120 fit it or do I gota leave it at stock cc. Lookin toward using this saw its well bulit and compleat. For 25 bux I couldn't pass it up

picked this up. west coastie 120si,k/n filter,full wrap. couple of interesting parts on this. 5 point dawg instead of 3 point,k/n filter and stack,d009 bar studs not ko95.

came with a 30" bar(!) but it will be sporting a 20" or 24" when i get it cleaned up.

Nice,

I have one or two of them:msp_unsure:

Got a 143 from the left coast that had the same black plastic stack.

There is a conversion kit out there to swap from small to large mount. Requires a flip of the chain tensioner stud, new chain guide plate and new bar studs with a shoulder to match d009. I have both styles on the two 6800/120si's that I own.

So since we're on the topic... I was fixing up my 6800i (same as 120si basically), and I tested my compression with 2 guages after new cabers and a great looking piston and cylinder... 120psi is what I got on both. What are you guys getting on yours???? 120psi seems low to me, and the rope feels like a lot more than what the guages are telling me.

There is a conversion kit out there to swap from small to large mount. Requires a flip of the chain tensioner stud, new chain guide plate and new bar studs with a shoulder to match d009. I have both styles on the two 6800/120si's that I own.

So since we're on the topic... I was fixing up my 6800i (same as 120si basically), and I tested my compression with 2 guages after new cabers and a great looking piston and cylinder... 120psi is what I got on both. What are you guys getting on yours???? 120psi seems low to me, and the rope feels like a lot more than what the guages are telling me.

What kind of gauges are you using.
120 seems a bit low to me.

Lee

My SD`s have between 150- 160 lbs on them when they were fully broken in and most still have in the 150+ range with many hundreds of hours run time on them.

Thanks guys. My makita 6800i starts right up and is firm on the rope so I can hardly believe my compression gauge at 120psi. This isn't the first saw I think it's read me low on. Guess its time for yet again another compression gauge... Ugh!

Thanks guys. My makita 6800i starts right up and is firm on the rope so I can hardly believe my compression gauge at 120psi. This isn't the first saw I think it's read me low on. Guess its time for yet again another compression gauge... Ugh!

Make sure your Schrader valve isn't all buggered up ..

Back