Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed,

ole T-bone has been sitting on some 143 cylinders that no doubt have not seen the light of day fer years.

Dat's OK, I found a good one and the damned thing even has a nice full wrap. and a 120/116si to boot.

I am my Mothers son, not quite a hoarder, just never seem to get rid of anything.

Think I have some 143 jugs , no idea if there good or not ? LOL Or where they are ? Only general area . LOL
But I have to build 3 of them ! One fer me and 2 for friends ! LOL Need more parts !
It will be my biggest Dolmar to date ! LOL Always looking for bigger ! LOL

Why ?? Can't hardly pick them up ! LOL

Geeze Louise,

if we don't get moving it will be into next year before we hit page 166, me thinks Uncle Lee could fill the page (and a little more) with his collection!

No love for the old SDs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

GOOD, I like it like that, leaves more for me, me, me.

Gonna have to find more before it gets to page 166.

attachment.php

View attachment 303252View attachment 303253

Beauty,

A 166 would be nice in my collection, but I would not scoff at a CT sitting amongst the 152s/153s.

The CT is a fun saw to run. Most folks that run one for
the first time are very surprized at the power. Tons of
torque, They just keep pullin.

Lee

Them 6 cube SDs aren't too bad either. You can tune them to rev, but they seem happiest lugged down, they just keep chuggin'.

I've got lots of love for the old Dollies. They are my favorite saw, hands down. I don't have many though, they just don't show up much here. I do have a couple new ones I love too. Hope you guys hit 166 soon, you boys will have to start chatting hard to catch up with our fight thread!

Anyone know if a 144 crank is the same as a 152 crank?

I don't have a IPL for a 144 to check by part numbers. I just got a S6000 and promptly furbared the end of the crank trying to pull the flywheel. I should have left the nut on the crank to help keep the end of the crank from splitting. Doh!

Also I had thought the S6000 might have been a 153 but it's not and it's a later 152 and still has that stupidly large dia crank on the PTO side and I'm assuming that a 153 crank could be used along with the corresponding 153 clutch bearing, race and clutch drum. Any other different parts needed for that swap?

Mark, I highly doubt the cranks are the same.
Both saws are totally different and don't share
hardly any parts. Even though Acres site says
they're both 42mm stroke.

Lee

Mark, Go to www.atlanticpowerinc.com and you can
download or copy all the IPL's you need.

Lee

Lee I forgot to say thanks for that link, that's a good resource to have. I nabbed several of them from there.

I was disappointed to only find one for the Poulan built Dolmars I have been on the lookout for them to compare them to the originals.

Seems those saws were only intended for european markets.

And just to clarify per our conversation it seems the 144 crank is the same as the 152's.I will be able to verify that in the near future as I have a crank on the way.

How many of us like and run Sachs Dolmars? Should we start up our own thread? I see a thread up on most other makes of chainsaws. I have a few Sach Dolmars in my collection and have enjoyed running them for production saws for 10-15 years. What say yea?
Pioneerguy600

I caught a 152 that was flying toward the scrap bin , hospital safety comittee
condemed it for lack of a chain break,no bar or chain so went with the only one
i could get..... a 17 inch oregon 404 pitch, yes looks awkward alright but has
lots O snot as a runty lil stumper.Being that your a fellow canuck,who would you recomend
I should market my very very nice 090 to ? shipping to USA almost imposible due to the
(it once had fuel in it and is deemed explosive) .....Keith

I caught a 152 that was flying toward the scrap bin , hospital safety comittee
condemed it for lack of a chain break,no bar or chain so went with the only one
i could get..... a 17 inch oregon 404 pitch, yes looks awkward alright but has
lots O snot as a runty lil stumper.Being that your a fellow canuck,who would you recomend
I should market my very very nice 090 to ? shipping to USA almost imposible due to the
(it once had fuel in it and is deemed explosive) .....Keith

You could list it on here in the AUCTION site, plenty of Canucks on here also. I have had 090`s shipped from BC to Nova Scotia with no problems.It is all in prepping them for shipment that makes it easy to ship them through the mail or any of the courier services.

Latest posts

Back