Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, yeah,

-didn't happen,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,YET.

Ain't my first rodeo, WHEN I get me greasy paws on it, pics will follow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or perhaps NOT!

$_57.JPG

Here's what I'm supposed to be gettin'

Description said it was scored, hope the magic clean-up works, I have a bunch O' 55mm domed pistons.

If it won't clean up I have a few jugs in my stash!

View attachment 320531

Here's what I'm supposed to be gettin'

Description said it was scored, hope the magic clean-up works, I have a bunch O' 55mm domed pistons.

If it won't clean up I have a few jugs in my stash!

Nice score! :D So have you ever checked port timing on the various p&c combos that you have? Domed pistons- what piston are you talking about? I have timed the original 1.5mm p&c combo and the extra p&c combo. I'm curious to know what the decomp cylinders timing is. I was thinking of putting the 1.5mm piston in the extra jug, anyone done this? So to my inexperienced eye I can tell its an mx and the decals tell me it's a later one, maybe and extra. But I can't tell a 133s from a 143. Again, nice score.

Ahh weedhopper,

It is not an MX as they had a molded tank (plastic)

Could be, but my eye sees a mag tank (have to wait and see)

The dead give away is the covers (but they could be changed)

Decals match the older ones with the mag tank.

The domed pistons I speak of were (aftermarket) for the 152/153, but if you chuck them up and take a little off the skirt, they work fine.

Only drawback is you better be serious when you pull her over, no de-comp on dem older ones!

It looks like the handlebar is flattening out as it goes under the tank. I'm sure you already know but dolmar offered an air filter upgrade kit for the early 133 that included that topcover, and the supers came with that topcover. The decals on the topcover matches my mx extra so not necessarily older I guess.

Ain't sure,

166 hopefully will chime in, he sold them new!

All the 133s I've seen have a single plastic thumb screw, but I is still learning.
The more I think I have learned the less I know fo' sure!

Ahh weedhopper,

It is not an MX as they had a molded tank (plastic)

Could be, but my eye sees a mag tank (have to wait and see)

The dead give away is the covers (but they could be changed)

Decals match the older ones with the mag tank.

The domed pistons I speak of were (aftermarket) for the 152/153, but if you chuck them up and take a little off the skirt, they work fine.

Only drawback is you better be serious when you pull her over, no de-comp on dem older ones!

Just to confuse the issue, my 143 has a plastic tank but it's not a MX

Probably late model.

YUP SDs were a confusing lot.

Then you mix in the West Coast goodies,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,who knows, only the guys that sold them new I reckon.

Sure wish 166 would set us straight, but then he was on the East Coast?

That's everything I have, and I hope others will share what they know. I don't think there was any differences between west coast and east coast, full wrap and flush cut was the only option maybe. Now the Europeans had the different muffler, but they are around. Most of the problems with the early saws were addressed with improved parts. I know mine is in excellent shape compared to some of the other brands of the era (056 mag). Just a great design.

Back