Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 133 is a stout saw,

The 143 is in a class of its own.

The difference in the porting is an eye opener.

It looks like the handlebar is flattening out as it goes under the tank. I'm sure you already know but dolmar offered an air filter upgrade kit for the early 133 that included that topcover, and the supers came with that topcover. The decals on the topcover matches my mx extra so not necessarily older I guess.

Har, har,

bet that 'flattning" on the bottom was from years of the old gal gettin' dropped?

Har, har,

bet that 'flattning" on the bottom was from years of the old gal gettin' dropped?
Well I was thinking that it was the plastic tank because it uses the handlebar that is flat or crimped on the bottom and not round tubing, but it's hard to tell from the picture. Either way it's a great score I think.

Har, har,

Well I was thinking that it was the plastic tank because it uses the handlebar that is flat or crimped on the bottom and not round tubing, but it's hard to tell from the picture. Either way it's a great score I think.

You are so correct SIR!

Guess that weedhopper thing left me wit some black feathers in me mouth eh?

Yep just went out and looked at a couple 143s the mag ones do indeed have that 'foil'

Nice Torino there!

Coulda bought a cherry one up at Auburn ' bout 25 years back.

Went for $5000 429, 4 gear with a shaker, Factory red and black

'course 5 grand then is like 30 grand now?

nice car, and thanks for the info,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,VERY interesting.

Got that 143 all cleaned up and the seller sent me the clutch cover and spike for it too.

The dude musta had the original filter because the crankcase was stuffed full O' oily dust and such.

The Jug cleaned up nicely and I could get by with new rings.

I have a bunch of 55mm domed pistons I had bought for me old 153 SD.

They work just fine in a 143 if you face a little off the skirts.

I have done one 143 previously with the domed aftermarket piston talk about a biotch to pull over!

Here's the wrap handle freshly re-hosed,

001.JPG

Is there a better starting saw than the 116/120si?

Seems they can sit for a month and still fire off in one or two pulls, none of my other saws come close!

That be an impressive log (and saw)

Reminds me of the big Sycamores we have around here (bet it's a whole bunch harder though)

Here's a round of Sycamore noodled, very purty grain eh?

1603.JPG

That be an impressive log (and saw)

Reminds me of the big Sycamores we have around here (bet it's a whole bunch harder though)

Here's a round of Sycamore noodled, very purty grain eh?

View attachment 323122

Nice wood and nice big Dolmar, what's all that white stuff...snow I've never seen snow.
When I was cutting those cookies it was 100F, the following day it got to 109F :givebeer:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back