Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice wood and nice big Dolmar, what's all that white stuff...snow I've never seen snow.
When I was cutting those cookies it was 100F, the following day it got to 109F :givebeer:

I'll take the snow any day.

I'm like a big block, over 90 degrees and I start boiling over!

Thanks to torino cobra for that factory service bulletin.

Some of the joys of restoring old saws is the "CSI" effect, trying to figure out what was original, or not.

That 143 I got fo' sure has the wrong full wrap, me thinks one I had got previously has the correct one.

That bulletin TC posted shows when they went to the MX with 'plastic' tank the wrap went from 3 piece to a single welded type. (even though the brochure shows it with the 3 piece.

Manufacturers change things and clean out parts supplies all the time.

I have another Diamond in the rough, me thinks it has the right full wrap for the MX

It even has a custom red paint job (brushed on)

So I might just put a flush handle on the new one and save that Original for me next 'diamond'.

015.JPG 013.JPG

That was my thought.

It has some adapter for round to square.

Says Patent pending on the adapter.

I think I can make it work, just need to get back to work where all the aluminum welding stuff is.

If you need a half wrap I gots plenty.

Send me your mailing address (PM)

Merry Christmas,

mo

That 143 is runnin' like a champ!

Thing was chuck full of oily sawdust, heck the seals are still good, 1.125 Low/1 High

Next is a 308 chop saw. Anyone seen another?

Yup I saw that old cast cover and thought I had found a six cube,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NOT!

Guess the six cube was the 310, recoil was a dead ringer for the 152.

Guess it was the predecessor to the 309. pretty good shape all in all though.

Might be able to see why I got confused?

No biggie, other than a couple runners I got for decent money all my stuff is 'diamonds in the rough'.

Or mis-listeds or BIN.

021.JPG 022.JPG

Har, har,

have two big benches, but I have fell so far behind I'm working on a fold-up!

Damn,

I'm gettin' old, er gots too many projects.

That IS a 309!

Here's the 308, came to me with a bad ignition, NOT!

Typical short in the kill wire.

023.JPG 024.JPG 025.JPG

I'm still learning on the intricacies and can plainly see the difference side by side.

But man did I think I had found a '152' cut-off!

NOT! 47mm bore, 70cc, guess you win some, you lose some eh?
035.JPG

Nice! I've been on the hunt for some of these old saws too. Hard to find in Iowa so eBay and CL eat up my time. Seems like there was a CL in Minn. with a box full of NOS 309 parts.

The 123-143 saws have proven hard to find... I'd think they were pretty common and easy enough to find but I guess not.

Last edited:
You just missed one on the bag.

343, 55mm bore 95cc of bad ass.

Them 55mm jugs are scarce, the parts hoarder in Ohio had one listed on the bag last summer fer like $300+ for an OEM P&C!

Da **** is he has like 10 of 'em!

Nice! I've been on the hunt for some of these old saws too. Hard to find in Iowa so eBay and CL eat up my time. Seems like there was a CL in Minn. with a box full of NOS 309 parts.

The 123-143 saws have proven hard to find... I'd think they were pretty common and easy enough to find but I guess not.

They aren't as common as you think, besides that them dudes will run forever with a little care.

You just missed one on the bag.

343, 55mm bore 95cc of bad ass.

Them 55mm jugs are scarce, the parts hoarder in Ohio had one listed on the bag last summer fer like $300+ for an OEM P&C!

Da **** is he has like 10 of 'em!

Just checked, that 343 went for $49 and $19 shipping.

Knew I should of sniped that one, we was having the family Christmas, and forgot all about it:buttkick::buttkick:

That 308 has a rear handle just like my 122 that I have been looking for parts for. The 152 uses the same handle, but I didn't want to spend 57 dollars plus shipping.

I'd help you out, but you can see she's far to sweet to part out.

If'n I remember that dude was not even 57 dollars,,,,,,,,,,,,,,complete!

I'd help you out, but you can see she's far to sweet to part out.

If'n I remember that dude was not even 57 dollars,,,,,,,,,,,,,,complete!
I wasn't hinting about parting that one, because that 308 is way to nice to rob for parts.

Damn,

I'm gettin' old, er gots too many projects.

That IS a 309!

Here's the 308, came to me with a bad ignition, NOT!

Typical short in the kill wire.

View attachment 323740 View attachment 323741 View attachment 323742
Looks like a mix from Dolmar(308) 122 parts with 123(309).
Starter and rearhandle is from Dolmar 122
Tank and the motor is 309 according serienumber plate.

Ore this is a early 309(Dolmar 123) and they used the last parts they had left from the 308(Dolmar 122)

Never seen a 152 stone-cutter, a SD 310 is based on the SD153
Marco

Latest posts

Back