Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get it and don't like it, I will take it off your hands.
Postal might be a killer from OZ. looks like i'll get it, my Nephew lives in the same area, he'll pick it up for me & bring it down before Xmas. Woot

Edit: side note, I really bloody want to get that old girl back into some wood, that is all.

Last edited:
anyone know if this rear handle looks normal for this model? and the on/off switch is located on the filter cover ....is it a fabricated handle or stock??

attachment.php

anyone know if this rear handle looks normal for this model? and the on/off switch is located on the filter cover ....is it a fabricated handle or stock??

attachment.php

Looks like it has some issues there - that plate is fabricated and not normal. The kill switch isn't either.

There will be alot of interest in that one.

Chris.

The rear handle mount is definately fabbed.
As with the kill switch. I would hate to try
to find those parts.
Lee

yeah Not to mention anything else that could be broken or missing, looks to be a candidate for a shelf queen, hasn't been started for 10 years apparently either, ....could be a fun project to Frankensaw/fabricate into a runner but

yeah Not to mention anything else that could be broken or missing, looks to be a candidate for a shelf queen, hasn't been started for 10 years apparently either, ....could be a fun project to Frankensaw/fabricate into a runner but

It's definately a saw to have. Parts will be
hard to locate but well worth the wait to
find them. I would give it a good going over
and see if you can get it running. Might
surprize you. They're a nice saw to run.

Lee

It's definately a saw to have. Parts will be
hard to locate but well worth the wait to
find them. I would give it a good going over
and see if you can get it running. Might
surprize you. They're a nice saw to run.

Lee
True! Hopefully i'll get it, would be sweet to fire it up, bring it back from the dead ..might get knocked out of contention by a cashed up collector if they get wind of it but.
cheers

anyone got a good lead on a blue 6800i? been looking to trade into one to keep my smurf family all blue!!! :jester:

I might even go for a blue 6000i too...

I have a Dolmar 119 that I decided to get running. It looks like the trigger for the ignition module is bad. I ohmed out the coil and it is around 6.7k ohms which seems normal for a coil to me. Is there anything I might be missing or not diagnosing correctly let me know. Also if someone is parting out one of these I am interested in the ignition module.

Snagged another 120.

1987, but not an si, it has the old Bosch ignition.

It did however have an si carburetor on it.

I recently got a good deal on a Dolmar 153. After messing with it, I realized it was not quite as good a deal as I thought, though.

Biggest problem was the P&C. The saw ran fine with decent compression, but there were some heavy scratches on the exhaust side.

023.jpg

Luckily I had a great parts saw with all the donor pieces I needed. The P&C were near mint, so I swapped them out.

022.jpg

The starter had a broken ear on it. The saw came with the "Sachs Dolmar" stickered starter, and all the other places had Sachs Dolmar stickers. The parts saw had a cast Dolmar starter. Would it be correct if I put the cast Dolmar starter on this saw? In the next pick you can see where I repaired the broken ear with JB Weld. Don't know how it will hold up.

025.jpg

I got the saw pretty well cleaned up. The kill switch wire broke, so I need to get the flywheel off to fix the wire. Still working on that.

026.jpg

021.jpg

It is amazing, the quality of the Dolmar paint. This saw definitely had some service, but very few chips in the paint job. If this saw were a Homelite, it would not look as good.

I rebuilt the carb, defeated the carb governor, and reinstalled. I also put in a new fuel line.

027.jpg

Also, for some reason this saw never had a chain brake. The bosses are cast in the case, but they are not tapped, and the case should have a cutout for the brake lever.

021.jpg

Very nice 153!! I hope mine cleans up that well....did your look like this when you got it for the first time?? OH...and let me know what extra parts you may have or could find for me?? I need a few pieces:D

SachsDolmar153001.jpg

chainsaws192.jpg

SachsDolmar153009.jpg

SachsDolmar153008.jpg

Latest posts

Back