Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My saw was a little cleaner than that one, but not much. A good blow out with compressed air, followed by Purple Power and a rag, did the trick.

So anyway, do any of you Dolmar heads know at what point the starter was changed on a 153?

Were there any other features changed at that point?

Here are the two starters again.

025.jpg

JP, just by looking at them I'd have to say the change took place right about the time that adhesives were introduced to the manufacturing process.

:jester:

(I'm sorry, buddy. Just the right combination of avatar/mood/weather/tides/coffee will do that to me sometimes. MY preference would be for the 'non-sticker' variation. Have you checked out the European chainsaw site?)

Last edited:
Hey no problem. Just trying to learn. Thinking about it now, they probably got rid of the cast Dolmar at the same time that they started making Poulan S6000's.

For sure I think it would be cheaper to manufacture the stickered version w/o the raised letters but also the silver w/black sticker would seem to be more eye catching than the less colorful raised letter one. With all that in mind it might have bee simply a model change from one year to the next. Just my thoughts.

For sure I think it would be cheaper to manufacture the stickered version w/o the raised letters but also the silver w/black sticker would seem to be more eye catching than the less colorful raised letter one. With all that in mind it might have bee simply a model change from one year to the next. Just my thoughts.

Originally I thought that the raised letter starter must have been made before the "Sachs" was added to the name, but that is not true. I haven't seen a Poulan S6000 with the raised letters, so they probably got rid of it for Poulan.

about the 2 starters, i can tell you this.

left starter with Dolmar was used on the 152 and early 153(witout chainbrake)

right starter was on the 153 that had a chainbrake.

When the putt these starters on the saws i don't now for sure,so can't tell you.

You can use the 2 starters for the 152/153.

Marco

about the 2 starters, i can tell you this.

left starter with Dolmar was used on the 152 and early 153(witout chainbrake)

right starter was on the 153 that had a chainbrake.

When the putt these starters on the saws i don't now for sure,so can't tell you.

You can use the 2 starters for the 152/153.

Marco

Actually I am pretty sure that is not correct. I am pretty sure that my saw came with the original starter, the one on the right with the sticker. It did not have a chain brake, and never had a chain brake. The holes are there to mount the brake, but the one should be tapped, and it isn't. Also, the top of the case is not cut out for the chain brake lever.

I think there was a time when Dolmar was making the 153 in both CB and non-CB versions. The west coast people really opposed the chain brake when it first came out. This saw has a full wrap handlebar, so I think it probably came from the west coast.

In this image you can clearly see the chainbrake mount holes I was talking about, and you can also see that the case is not cut out for the lever.

021.jpg

Now Brad's saw has the CB, and the case is cut out for the lever. Hard to see in this pic but it is there.

chainsaws192.jpg

hey guys,
i was wondering what the specs are for the oil seals on a 116, 120, 6000, 6800? Are they standard seals I can get from northwoods or do I have to order them from Dolmar?

anyone know??

Thanks,
Nathan

Had some fun with a couple of Dolmar's today

First run with top end rebuild

[video=youtube;-nN04AYMfjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nN04AYMfjA[/video]

I got my 153 all put together and running. I got the flywheel off, and the kill wire had broken where it goes through the case grommet. It was difficult snaking a new wire through, but I got it done. While I was in there I noticed that the coil is mounted on a slotted disk, so the spark timing can be changed. Being performance minded, I advanced it almost all the way to give better top end. It ended up with probably about 2 degrees of advance over the way it was. Anybody else play with this? Just wondering what the results were. I will try to get some pics of the completed saw tomorrow.

dolmar 111i

I bought a Dolmar 111i today from a friend that is an arborist. I can not find any information on it. Any help would be appreciated. Tom

I bought a Dolmar 111i today from a friend that is an arborist. I can not find any information on it. Any help would be appreciated. Tom

Congrats! Tom, you are a lucky guy (I secretly wish I never sold my 111i). Fifty-two cc I think, really wakes up with a muffler mod. Let me know if you need an IPL.

Latest posts

Back