Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ARsawMechanic
I'm all for this thread!! I have been reading through, I never knew Dolmar made anything for Mcculloch, or Poulan. Very interesting reading. I have a question, though. When I was a young sprout working for the local Sachs dealer, he dropped them when it became a part of Makita. He claimed the quality went into the toilet, & the price went up. One thing in particular he said was that they went from a chrome impregnated cylinder to a chrome plated cylinder. Is there a difference, & is/ was this true? I have always wondered.

Addicted to ArboristSite
belgian

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Looks good in the new basement too Joe.
It starts and idles well but I need to find one more "brake spring" for the starter 113 166 081, and a couple of o-rings for the manual oiler.

I need one of those little springs that operate the starter pawls
attachment.php

Mark

Mark,

I think that spring can be found on the CC/CT Dolmar models as well, maybe a different size but I think they are the same. You could eventually make one yourself but give me a holler if you don't find them locally.

heimannm
I finished putting this one together last night, everything seems to work O.K. I found a light spring that was about the right size and shape so I went to work and made the additional "brake spring" for the starter and found a couple of smaller o-rings that I could strech around the manual oiler.

This is the 32" bar and chain that came with the saw.

I hope to put it in some wood this weekend at the Iowa GTG, anyone who is able to attend will be welcome to run it as well assuming it works.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

DUGs-sawshop

DUGs-sawshop

ArboristSite Operative
Heres a part # for a complete recoil if thats what you need. Dol 024-112-1168 price is $56.24. Im not a site sponsor here yet , so dont want to step on any toes. But we do have the part in stock if you need. Thanks , doug

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
For those interested i just posted in the main forum a dolmar coil replacement how to..

Thanks for posting this find Ron, it may help a lot of fellows out in the future.
On another note, I change a lot of coils out myself. The ones that can be slipped off their laminated frames can be mounted back on the saw you are needing a coil for. It is just a matter of slipping the coil from another frame and slipping it back on the laminated frame of the saw you are working on.
There is likely a small portion of a lamination at either corner that is bent over to keep the coil in place, this needs to be lifted up and somewhat straightened to allow the coil to be removed. Once reinstalled then bend the tabs back down to retain the coil. It may take some looking around to find a donor coil and sometimes a little grinding of a case is necessary to accomodate a portion of the new coil but I have done a good many swaps in my time and they work just fine.

Pioneerguy600

ARsawMechanic
Bing carburetor help?

One of my Sachs Dolmars is a White & Black 112. It is using a Bing carburetor, & I am not having much luck finding a carb kit for it. I haven't pulled the carb yet to get the numbers, but most of what I find online is about motorcycle carbs. I called the local Dolmar dealer, I might as well have gone to Wal Mart to try to buy a Stihl. He had never heard of a "Sachs" Dolmar. Nuff said. :bang: Anybody have any info on these?

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
One of my Sachs Dolmars is a White & Black 112. It is using a Bing carburetor, & I am not having much luck finding a carb kit for it. I haven't pulled the carb yet to get the numbers, but most of what I find online is about motorcycle carbs. I called the local Dolmar dealer, I might as well have gone to Wal Mart to try to buy a Stihl. He had never heard of a "Sachs" Dolmar. Nuff said. :bang: Anybody have any info on these?

The Bing carbs were used oin a variety of chainsaws, they are harder to find kits for but they can still be found. I will let others closer to you geographically point out places to get the kits. I change out these Bing carbs to Tillotson carb models as most of the saws made have run Tillotson carbs.
The Tillotson HK-21A,B or C will be a direct fit for the 112.

Pioneerguy600

ARsawMechanic
Thank you! Were there many problems with the bing? It seems to work fine for awhile, then acts like its too rich. Shut it off awhile, it goes good awhile, then repeats process. My other 112 has a tillotson, it just goes & goes.

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
Thank you! Were there many problems with the bing? It seems to work fine for awhile, then acts like its too rich. Shut it off awhile, it goes good awhile, then repeats process. My other 112 has a tillotson, it just goes & goes.

All carbs go bad after many years of being in gasoline, especially now that there is ethanol in the gas at most pumps. The Bing was no worse than other makes of carbs, it is just getting too hard to find kits for them, I can easily get kits for Tillotson.
Pioneerguy600