• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Sachs Dolmar KMS-4 / 128

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astralimage

Reaction score
ONE AND ONLY SAW WORLDWIDE USING A
WANKEL ROTARY ENGINE
58cc rotary engine
3 cylinder
1975, less than 12 months of production

thought I’d share today’s startup of the saw. See video

Could someone please explain the rotary engine being a 3 cylinder? I do understand that they're are essentially 3 cycles or sections in a revolution. And yes Yanmar did make a rotary engined saw. Maybe the OP could cleanup this add as we on this site are not exactly easily sold to through incorrect adds. In other words, your HYPE DON'T WORK HERE. Also pictures help sell items.

Could someone please explain the rotary engine being a 3 cylinder? I do understand that they're are essentially 3 cycles or sections in a revolution. And yes Yanmar did make a rotary engined saw. Maybe the OP could cleanup this add as we on this site are not exactly easily sold to through incorrect adds. In other words, your HYPE DON'T WORK HERE. Also pictures help sell items.
It doesn't have 3 cylinders, the rotor is triangle shaped. So for every revolution it goes bang 3 times. Just look up wankle engine.
I'd love to have one if I ever found one and had the money for it.

It doesn't have 3 cylinders, the rotor is triangle shaped. So for every revolution it goes bang 3 times. Just look up wankle engine.
I'd love to have one if I ever found one and had the money for it.
I know quite well what it is and how they operate. We here at AS are not ignorant with regards to saws. I've owned and ran one. I object to the 3 cylinder statement in the add and question why you would make that statement. You add seems to indicate that we are ignorant saw folk that will respond to your hype. Please show respect when you place an add aimed that these folks.

Sawfun , back it down a notch. , the op is a newbie . No money out of your pocket . Who nominated you as camp warden ? He stated he is looking for a trade . You may not be ignorant , but you certainly fill the bill as arrogant . Stop flapping your gums and quit assuming the worse for crying out loud ! Let him come back with an explanation before you lynch him ! :rolleyes:

Yes there is. Here is some info from the Dolmar manual on this saw.View attachment 863686
[/QU Good information . In the Wankel single rotor design there is 3 described cells (Combustion chambers) that compress the fuel / air mixture with the single spark plug configuration , therefore there is 3 power strokes per revolution of the rotor . The downfall of these engines was inferior longitivity . The apex sealing of the rotor was poor , epa compliance was always a liability !

Sawfun , back it down a notch. , the op is a newbie . No money out of your pocket . Who nominated you as camp warden ? He stated he is looking for a trade . You may not be ignorant , but you certainly fill the bill as arrogant . Stop flapping your gums and quit assuming the worse for crying out loud ! Let him come back with an explanation before you lynch him ! :rolleyes:
I'll back it out of this whole thread, best of luck.

My apologies To all that felt offended, effectively i a am very new to the chainsaw world and Wrote info that i was given, all info received from members is greatly appreciated. I am working a deal trade for a 166.

I know quite well what it is and how they operate. We here at AS are not ignorant with regards to saws. I've owned and ran one. I object to the 3 cylinder statement in the add and question why you would make that statement. You add seems to indicate that we are ignorant saw folk that will respond to your hype. Please show respect when you place an add aimed that these folks.

Latest posts

Back