sachs dolmar kms4

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun

Reaction score
Any info on a sachs dolmar kms4 would be great. I have been trying to start it but the carb seems to be gummed up, does this saw have a standard carb I can get a rebuild kit for? Also, I have heard this saw was recalled, does anyone know the reason? I believe this saw is pretty rare. Sorry if this gets posted twice.

The KMS4 entered the USA in 1975, and was not sold here for very long.

It uses a standard Tillotson HS carburetor. HS kits are easily available.

No, as I understand it, the saws were never recalled. According to legend, sales were stopped short in the USA because the heat of the rotary engine causes the muffler to grow cherry red after a period of use.

After I heard this legend, I ran mine in the dark one evening. The results were amazing. Not to be tried near dried grass or leaves; as you may find when working in the woods!

Legend also claims they were very smooth, but also very thirsty saws. Instant acceleration, typical of the rotary engine.

Rare, they are difficult to find, but can be found.

I do have sales literature, operators manual, and parts list for this saw if interested. I also have the workshop manual, but it is in German.

[email protected]

Ladies and Gentlemen, The legendary George Blake is here. Welcome George, there are a few here with Jonsereds problems, like Dennis who hot-rodded one.

Thanks for the carb info.
I wasn't sure if the recall was correct, I saw told they were recalled until about 1990.
Is there anything different or unusual in the operators manual and what is the correct mix ratio. Would parts still be available for this saw as the left handle has sheared off at the lower mount and the handguard is broken.
Is the horsepower rating 5hp and weight approx. 6kg as I found on a German page? This would make the power to weight ratio pretty good for any age saw.
Thanks again for the info, will try to get this saw going and compare to 116si.

The KMS4 entered the USA in 1975, and was not sold here for very long.

It uses a standard Tillotson HS carburetor. HS kits are easily available.

No, as I understand it, the saws were never recalled. According to legend, sales were stopped short in the USA because the heat of the rotary engine causes the muffler to grow cherry red after a period of use.

After I heard this legend, I ran mine in the dark one evening. The results were amazing. Not to be tried near dried grass or leaves; as you may find when working in the woods!

Legend also claims they were very smooth, but also very thirsty saws. Instant acceleration, typical of the rotary engine.

Rare, they are difficult to find, but can be found.

I do have sales literature, operators manual, and parts list for this saw if interested. I also have the workshop manual, but it is in German.

[email protected]
I know this is an old link, but do you still have the kms4 literature?
Thanks,
[email protected]

Latest posts

Back