Saw case options

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makin_chips

Reaction score
I just bought a 372xp and it seems all the powerhead cases are on nationwide backorder. I'm not sure I'm sold on the powerhead cases, especially for smaller saws like the 353. I actually liked my old clam shell case that protected the bar as well. Does anyone have any case suggestions?

I've never used one. I store my saws in my house, and they ride in the back seat of my truck, if not the front so I've never needed one. I think if your saw sits out in the garage or bangs around in the back of your truck they could come in handy.

As far as suggestions the first thing that comes to my mind are do-it-yourself ideas. One is to take a Rubbermade Action Packer, or some similar plastic container, cut a slot in one end for your bar, and close the lid on the powerhead. They make different sizes, and they're pretty tough. And I've seen guys modify plastic milk crates to make racks for their saws. The cut a slot in one end for the bar, and the powerhead rests in the crate itself. They fasten the crate to their truck, run a bungee cord through the handle and there you have it. You could do something along those lines if you have to have a case and don't want to wait for one to get in from backorder.

Jeff

You could build yourself a nice box out of plywood with a divider to keep files, oil, chains etc separated, and then a main compartment for the saw, with pads to keep it from moving around. Would be relatively simple to build, fairly cheap, and you could have it exactly as you want it.

I just bought a Husky "Powerbox" for my 357XP. One nice feature is that the scabbard slides out of the box so you can keep it on your bar while you are moving around in the woods. The scabbard then slides into a recess in the box (a minor hassle, but no big deal).

It's a nice box with molded receptacles for files, scrench, spark plug, etc. I don't know if it will fit your saw, but Norwalk Power Equipment's web site states that they will fit up to the 575XP with a 24" bar.

http://www.*****.com/contents/media/powerbox.jpg

Don't know you sells them but recently I've seen a few saws come into the shop in cases like wooksrider showed except they were in ammo box color. Pretty cool looking.

I wanted to order the powerhead case from Southwest. That's where I noticed the nationwide backorder comment. The nice thing about Southwest is the free shipping. I've already checked two local dealers and they told me they couldn't get them. I do like the idea of the wooden box but it seems like too much effort for something that doesn't cost very much. I would prefer a bright color like the orange. Imagine the horor of chasing after one of those "women of the woods" only to not be able to find your beloved saw afterwards. I've heard many a story of hunters who never wished they bought the camo model ATV.

makin_chips said:
I wanted to order the powerhead case from Southwest. That's where I noticed the nationwide backorder comment. The nice thing about Southwest is the free shipping. I've already checked two local dealers and they told me they couldn't get them.
You might try a Lowe's Home Improvement store, assuming that you have one locally. The Lowe's in my city has the Powerboxes in stock.
woodsy

Check out your local Wal Mart or other department store in the houswares department. They should have large heavy duty plastic storage boxes with lids that would fit most saws for around $10.

piece of 20mm ply from old shipping crate. saw.box of screws made three boxes in an hour total cost. nada.

Latest posts

Back