Saw cleaning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ted Jenkins
It does not work so well for many reasons. Biggest issue is that it evaporates too quickly. For me a good degreaser with a pressure washer gets the job done. What is the problem with using warm or very warm water? Blow off the saw with compressed air to dry a bit a little WD and run it for a couple of minutes. Thanks

Riles32807

Riles32807

Stihl Tri-ing
I wouldn't. I've seen that stuff chemically melt certain plastics. I wouldn't even risk it getting on fuel lines, oil pump parts, air filter, carb diaphram, etc., etc.

Deleted member 149229
D

Deleted member 149229

About brake cleaner. Before I retired the maintenance guy was making a repair on my grinder. Used brake cleaner to clean repair. After repair he was watching grind process and saw he had left grease/oil residue on computer control panel. Without thinking he sprayed brake cleaner on screen and control buttons. Wasn’t pretty, had to order a lot of parts!

Swamp Yankee

Swamp Yankee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Simple solution.

Blast saw and parts with compressed air. Most of the crap will disappear. Hit any remaining residue with Simple Green, let it soak for a couple minutes then repeat the compressed air blast. Any stuff still stuck in crevices use a small screwdriver or dental pick to dig it out.

Once clean, I use Meguires Spray detailer to leave a shiny and slick surface. This step makes any future crud build up much easier to remove with just a quick blast of compressed air.

Take Care

Little Al

Little Al

Addicted to ArboristSite
That stuff can melt some decals and lettering pretty quickly, so use with care.
Test it on a no show/non important part if PLASTIC some parts it gives them a "crazy paving finish" hot water with a dash of floor cleaner I find works best for me after a blow off with the compressed air gun & again with air to dry.

jr27236

jr27236

Addicted to ArboristSite
Has anyone tried one of those portable steam cleaners?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Sounds good, but i would NEVER use it on the saw except for a detached cylinder maybe. They are just way to hot and all decals will come off in a second and youll probably peel paint due to the heat. ZEP SUPER CLEAN and wear gloves because that stuff loves to find small cuts. Lol

Deleted member 149229
D

Deleted member 149229

Sounds good, but i would NEVER use it on the saw except for a detached cylinder maybe. They are just way to hot and all decals will come off in a second and youll probably peel paint due to the heat. ZEP SUPER CLEAN and wear gloves because that stuff loves to find small cuts. Lol

I use the ZEP Fast 505, great stuff.

Deleted member 149229
D

Deleted member 149229

View attachment 615760
Try one of these to get the hard and hard to get To crud off. Don’t even need chemical....just water.
Just a word of warning....wear a thick rubber/chemical glove, this little bugger cuts bare skin and shreds nitril/rubber work gloves.

Dang, looks like something from the movie “Men In Black!”

Latest posts