Saw for zombie apocalypse.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelofDarkness

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
If you found yourself in a zombie movie and the only weapon you could defend yourself with was a chainsaw which saw would you choose. Here are a few thoughts.

A 20-24" bar would be best. Any shorter and the zombies will be able to get too close to you, and remember, one bite and you're done! Longer bars woulds give you greater reach but are slower to swing around and make the saw nose heavy. I would also go with a hardnose bar, one less thing to break.

Large fuel and oil tanks. You will have a hard time refueling in the middle of a battle, gotta have enough fuel to last at least 1/2 hour.

Light weight. You will need to swing it overhead and in front of you for possibly hours at a time. On a similar note it will also ned to have good antivibe.

Decent amount of power. Doesn't need to win a hotsaw race but gotta be able to pull 3/8 chain with some authority.

I can only think of one saw that meets all these requirements, and much to my dismay, it is the *cough*MS361*cough*

I figure to cut them in half, twice as fast :chainsaw: . Got my Echo CS300 for a backup :) .

Dude, you gotta decapitate them. Cutting them in half still leaves their thrashing torso crawling at you to bite your ankles. Haven't you ever played Resident Evil? Gotta go for the head.

My other choice. I also think the Dolmar 6400 would be a good choice. The reason I went with Stihl is that if you're roaming across the countryside taking out zombies you will find way more Stihl dealerships to raid parts from than Husky and Dolmar dealers.

I'd go with a MS361 20" bar and a MS200 with a 14" bar as a side arm. I'm glad that I'm not the only one on this board that has a proper Zombie Apocalypse game plan. I agree that a Stihl is a good one for this due to the amount of dealers.

Last edited:
literally one of my fears.

i have thought about the way i would deal if it went down. i did read the zombie survival guide as well.

anyway. two, thats right two ms 200t's hanging from the hip with 20 inch bars. the little kerf bars.

a whole lot of speed and power in a 2 saw set up.

hopefully my movements are in control when i face a group so that when i am double fisting them dead bastids with my saw i am moving with fluidity and hitting my temples with accuracy. the way i see it if i am aiming in the area i can get into the brain with little effort.

good topic aod.

you read world war z?

i am reading the comic walking dead right now. waiting on volume 9. sick comic.

lol.

one on one against the zed's or against a whole group of them i think that your survival rate just went up.

plenty of reach, agility, defense and offense all rolled up into one setup.

plusi think i would have to add a samurai sword in its scabbard strapped tight to my back.

Last edited:
Angel,
The zombies won't bother you, if you don't bother them.
But you should realize, if you cut on them with a chain saw you have to use universal precautions. Because if you got any of their blood in your mucous membranes, like your eyes, you would become infected also.

I would use my FS90 trimmer with the pole saw attachment, that way you could decapitate them from a distance - and the 4-mix will run forever on a tank of gas.

I would use my FS90 trimmer with the pole saw attachment, that way you could decapitate them from a distance - and the 4-mix will run forever on a tank of gas.

That might work good for a few zombies here and there but you would have a hard time mowing through a hoard of them, its a bit unwieldy for close-quarters combat.

Latest posts

Back