Saw for zombie apocalypse.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
460 rescue saw. Carbide chain for getting though bones and gristle, doesn't need sharpening for ages, 25" bar with hand grip for extra swinging power. Turn the oiler down low - don't need much oil, zombie blood will lube the chain. As noted above - camelbak - but I wouldn't use it for refueling, I'd use it as the primary fuel tank - 2 litres. That would chop a lot of zombies.

Might pack a 192T as an emergency sidearm. Oh, yeah, and a 361 in a back pack to lend to the inevitable hot chick that you are rescuing. Why else would you be battling zombies?

It's all about strategy and backup plans. The 50 BMG's and mini guns are great to start out with but afte they jam or you run out of ammo, it always ends up close quarters then hand to hand,(If I had a nickle for everytime I've seen it). If you don't have a flame thrower, a chainsaw is the next logical weapon. My first thought would be my husky 2100 with a 42" bar but then imagine being surrounded by a sea of Zombies,(people you used to know). How long can you really fight with a big heavy saw. I would take my husky 246; it's light, fast handling and gives that sense of accomplishment that can keep you going for a while. It runs a long time on a tank of gas too. Now Storm Troopers, that's another story. I'd rather face 100 emotionless Zombies than 10 empirial storm troopers.

thcapacity.jpg

Yeah, this is older, but it's still funny!
I'd use the old Homelite Shakemaster 800 we had at the farm til it mercifully puked it's guts in the woods and we threw it in the trash, I hated that thing....after trying to start that for an hour and a half I'd be so pissed off I'd turn into the Hulk, and everyone knows, Hulk>Zombies.

I'd probably go with a 5100, 20", superior chain speed equals more dead zombies...for back up, a good top handle in a Kydex holster (does Fobus make one? lol) would be perfect for close quarters work...I've never run a 200t, but it would either be that or the 3410TH!

Maybe they should be heated handle saws? I don't know, I mean, after a while your hands will probably get cold with all those soggy zombie entrails all over them, the heat may be nice to cope....
:greenchainsaw:

I'd like to run around the cemetery tomorrow night with my SXL-AO and scare teenagers making out behind the headstones.

anyway. two, thats right two ms 200t's hanging from the hip with 20 inch bars. the little kerf bars.

a whole lot of speed and power in a 2 saw set up.

watched zombieland last night. how long ago that movie come out? when did i make this post?

because i swear i saw woody harrelson with 2 192t's in his hands for a quick second in that movie...

woody harrelson stole my idea. sweet.

Happy coincidence. My kids had me watch one of the Resident Evil movies with them last night and I have zombie slaying ideas fresh in my head. I think a good sword would be better than a chain saw for close range zombie decapitation duties.

If I HAD to pick a saw-any good 60cc with a longish bar. And a good metal hard hat (zombies chew easily through plastic-much harder to eat your brains you see).

ha thats easy my 441 its got the pre filtration on their so no human remains can clog up my air filter:chainsaw:. maybe stihl forsaw something like this.

Odd that you pose this question AOD, my daughter was asking yesterday where the McCulloch 99 (two man saw) disappeared to; she thought it would be good to just walk along and cut the heads off a whole string of zombies.

In case you are wondering, I sent it back home with my brother, it was his saw anyway.

Personally I would use my McCulloch 7-10, quite dependable, runs a long time on a tank of fuel, handles a 20" bar with ease, and it is loud enough to wake even a few of the intended victims.

Mark

I'd just blow 'em away with my Stihl BG86 blower! :greenchainsaw:

Thanks for resurrecting this thread, it's funny!

If you found yourself in a zombie movie and the only weapon you could defend yourself with was a chainsaw which saw would you choose. Here are a few thoughts.

A 20-24" bar would be best. Any shorter and the zombies will be able to get too close to you, and remember, one bite and you're done! Longer bars woulds give you greater reach but are slower to swing around and make the saw nose heavy. I would also go with a hardnose bar, one less thing to break.

Large fuel and oil tanks. You will have a hard time refueling in the middle of a battle, gotta have enough fuel to last at least 1/2 hour.

Light weight. You will need to swing it overhead and in front of you for possibly hours at a time. On a similar note it will also ned to have good antivibe.

Decent amount of power. Doesn't need to win a hotsaw race but gotta be able to pull 3/8 chain with some authority.

I can only think of one saw that meets all these requirements, and much to my dismay, it is the *cough*MS361*cough*

You Sir, are obviously high.:smoking:

Latest posts

Back