Saw my new 2171 today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a new Jonsered CS 2171 this year with a 16" bar. Can say that I am more than happy.
[ouch]$900.xx Canadian[/ouch]
Have burned about 2-1/2 gal. of mix so far and have to take it in for a tune up --at 5 tanks it was 30 below sooooooooo I procrastinated :laugh:

Pic?

Can anyone post some pics of the 2171? You have my attention, and always looking for an excuse for a new saw!

Sure, here is two of the saw and one off what it has cut so far.

:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

Yeah the gas and oil doesn't run down my leg like with the ms440.

Give it time with those caps, it will.

BTW, my 440 hasn't ever pizzed down my leg......makes me wonder what you were doing to i,t for it to do that to ya! lol

Nice saw. I wish my 372 was a red one

I've run 'em with a 20" and the saw feels and handles great and chain speed is about perfect. Don't listen Ken:clap: you're already at the sweet spot for that saw.

I don't think there is anything in the current Jonny lineup I would run a 28" on (yeah, if I had a 2186 it would probably have a 24" on it), I would go to Husky 390-395 for that, or 660 territory. I'm cutting dense northern hardwoods exclusively, and I bore cut and don't mind bending over a bit to cut, so I don't have a need for a 28" anyway.

To each his own, if I cut any softwoods or ran into 2-3 foot diameter trees regularly I might run something bigger, whatever works for you :cheers:

I have to concur with Fuzly,
Most people go for too big a bar when it's unneccesary. I'm in the northeast and am cutting hardwood 90% of the time, I could understand the PNW guys with large softwoods needing longer bars. For firewood cutting, a 20" is all you'll ever need and to tell the truth I use my two saws with 18"s more then the 120si with the 20". It becomes about weight and how the saw balances for me.:cheers:

I love the log loader, multi tasking with what you have.:clap:

Such a nice, clean operation there.

Thanks - just a temp for the bigger rounds 'till I build one that works off the splitters hydraulics.
I got an idea for one that is more of a picker than a lift table using cables and pulleys and no additional hydraulics and scavanged parts.:jawdrop:
I think I can make it work.:givebeer:

I was in the market for something with a little more grunt than my beloved 2050 for doing firewood. Now that fuel oil is 3.44 a gallon here the trees are dropping faster. After lurking in here and reading many posts - I ordered a 2171 from the Dealer around the corner. Thanks everyone for the info. My saw was in Sweden two weeks ago and UPS delivered it to the shop today. I stopped by and cut the tape on the box and the dealer put the bar and chain (20") on so I could feel the balance. SHCWWEEEEET! Tomorrow he is going to prep it and tach it and then I can pick it up after work. I can't wait to sink that baby into some wood! Oh, it was $635 + tax.:cheers:

Great Choice! I have run a Jonsered saw since I was in high school (910E) and have had several since. Of all of them, the one I like the most is my 2171. It is vbery fast but a little hard on the ears (wear your plugs). You also got a good buy on that saw.

the pictures are great :) mine looks like it but not as clean .
I've got a CS2171 WH that i bought from a fellow before X-mas.
He showed me the receipt were he paid 30.00$$ to get it back from a saw shop (wouldn't oil the bar) .
He said that since we had no local dealers he wasn't going to mess with it any more and sold it to me without the bar.
I bent the lock clip on the oil pump so the plastic drive would turn and presto i have oil , put a new 16" bar and chain that i had and mister man does it ever go !!:chainsaw:
He was asking 60.00$$ and we settled on 57.00$$ :):)

Latest posts

Back