saw popularity by region

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never seen a pro husky, jred, or other brand for that matter in a shop here. TSC now has jred (homeowner line only). Stihl dealers everywhere. Most every stihl dealer carries the pro line or can get most pro saws in a day or 2.

Probably 60/40 stihl to husky here. Then of course a few echo, poulan and other big box store saws. Seems like there are a lot of dealers around for stihl and husky.

This morning I was at one our chainsaw shops that handle both stihl and husqvarna and they said they sell 25 stihls to one husqvarna.We are in the heart of paper mill country with IP mill to my south and Domtar mill 25 miles to the north so this would definately be saw country , but go to other regions and you could not give away a sthil! I am glad I still live in country where we have choices.just sitting at house while snowing thinking of these things. GOD bless the USA!!!

Where is home for you? The description you gave sounds like my city expect for the snow. I live in Texarkana,Tx with an IP to the south and a Domtar to the north.

When you want to cut wood you buy a stihl. When you like talking to mechanics you buy a husky and when you're an idiot you buy a big box store saw and then replace the "blade" once before buying another one and wasting money and never sharpening your "blade"

Or you buy a husky because you can not pay $600.00 for a MS261cm when you can get a husky 545at for $450.00 and buy the ppe with money saved, and still take the girl out for dinner.

More Husky dealers around my area. Dealer 5 minutes from me carries both. However, the entire back wall (immediately hits you upon walk-in) has all husky saws. Small area off to the side has Stihls.

Where is home for you? The description you gave sounds like my city expect for the snow. I live in Texarkana,Tx with an IP to the south and a Domtar to the north.
It is Texarkana ,when I wrote this we had lite dry snow just enough to see it ! I live almost as south in bowie county as you can go s crow flies 2 miles from sulpher river.

Here on the border of Oklahoma and Arkansas in my general area we have 10 full line Stihl Dealers and 4 Husqvarna Dealers. Big Box Stores like Lowe's, Sears, Atwoods Farm Store carry Husqvarna home owner saws, but very little if any parts and service.

In my neck of the woods (southwest washington/ cascade mtns) Its about 60 to 40 Stihl to Husky for the pros and 80 to 20 for Joe Regular.

Whats a doolomar and these red saws you guys keep talkin' about?

Crazy internet people making up names....

Here in the log woods, all we had were Stihl and Husky, I have never seen any others in the log woods.

50 to 50 spilt I would say.

Latest posts

Back