What happened to Husqvarna?!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my jonsereds
wether just red and black husky or half partner or jonsereds....
I buy all I can and all the nla parts I will ever need until I'm in the grave....even if I dont need some parts I buy them just in case another jonsered head needs to keep one plugging along! Never cared for stihl but to each our own..

**** star? Maybe they call him Husky Bill for more reasons than one.

Huskybill took on because I was heavy into Husqvarna dirtbikes after running there chainsaws I heard nothing but great things about there bikes. The bike era i’m Into is ‘77 to ‘87.

Every recession since ‘83 I lost my job everytime business got slow, cutting and selling firewood kept me surviving. I had a lot of experiences job wise. It wasn’t my fault. Don’t make fun of me. It sucks when you want to work and can’t find a job.

Not making fun of you, please don't take it the wrong way. I been around too man. Machinist, deckhand, landscaper, plumber, mechanic and currently a truck driver.

Not making fun of you, please don't take it the wrong way. I been around too man. Machinist, deckhand, landscaper, plumber, mechanic and currently a truck driver.

Some jobs lasted three months till they got there work shipped out. It was so bad in 83 I put an application and go back a few days later the place was closed. The wood chips were flying and that new 2100 was smoking.
I was telling companies don’t hire me to just get there workout.

Nothing wrong at all with taking whatever work there is to keep the family fed and the lights on.

I took some sleezy jobs in my past just to pay the bills. But I would never work for an engineering group again. They have deadlines to meet with new products. They chew up the time then think I can bail them out to meet the deadline. I did for 20 years. I retired I had enough. I was happier in the woods cutting trees. The money doesn’t mean squat if your not happy with your job. I told them I wasn’t happy they through two 11% raises at me one month apart.

I took some sleezy jobs in my past just to pay the bills. But I would never work for an engineering group again. They have deadlines to meet with new products. They chew up the time then think I can bail them out to meet the deadline. I did for 20 years. I retired I had enough. I was happier in the woods cutting trees. The money doesn’t mean squat if your not happy with your job. I told them I wasn’t happy they through two 11% raises at me one month apart.

I sit at a desk all day and juggle bitchy customers and bitchy vendors and try to get paid for solving problems for both of them. Most of the time I like the challenge and my job, but when a deal falls apart because of a two hour delay somewhere along the line that wasn't my fault and half my commission check disappears because of it, I don't like it so much.

572xp = loggers saw. 462 = arborists/tree guys saw.
That's exactly what I expected. But most companies I know of are fairly small operations. Five or six guys with a pair of skidders doing contacted select cuts, is the usual. It's almost all 462 now.
Those little "rat" companies have accounts with specific dealers. Those dealers no longer have Husqvarna.
That's my issue. I somewhat understand pulling pro saws from the suburbs, but, like I said, this is in logging country, and they just evaporated. Like they just gave up large regions where the 371 once ruled supreme.
Like GM pulling out of NASCAR when they were winning every race that mattered. !?!
That being said, I do know of one company that actually has a 572 along with a 461 a crusty 395 and two 462s. This is 20-40" oak, ash, hickory and maple country.
Guess which saw stays on the skidder?
That being said, I have very limited view of the "big picture", but I grew up smelling like two stroke. 2008, right after I got out of the Army, most local operations closed. My connections are few and far between.

Normally, companies care about numbers of sales as well as profit per sale first and everything else ie power, reliability, ergonomics second. Their marketing managers and bean counters restrict what types of products R and D can bring to the consumer.

Look at the Ford Mustang versus all other cars in its class. Excluding special editions, the Mustang was usually a lesser vehicle than its competitors yet it sold like wildfire.

I have more than a dozen saws that run. About a third of them were Stihls bought brand new from a dealer, but never again. I have never in more than fifty years taken a saw to be serviced repaired or adjusted. I got from my father a MS 270 that was still under warranty to have a dealer check it out why it would not run. They suggested it was abused so just buy a new one. They said if they found a factory defect they would honor the warranty or if they found an owner error they would charge $200 for diagnosis and then make the repairs. That was about fifteen years ago. That has been the only dealer issue ever had. So I buy saws that I can order online as well as parts on line with out exception. I buy saws that are popular so I know there are parts available. Husqvarna products are more available than most others so it gets my support. It is much cheaper for me to buy new saw that I get a good price that to mess around with dealers. Thanks
You can’t overlook the beneficial reality’s of supporting a local dealer thru life sales and fix saws for the benefit of repeat business. U just have to find the right place no matter brand. And support ur local dealer. Anymore 30 miles is all it takes to switch brands.

And most of the Northeast as well. I know of a dozen dealers in 3 different New England states that have gone to only Stihl and Echo. Husky seems to have completely evaporated from the right coast. Jonsered was all you ever seen in the woods, with very few 044/046 or 371/372 here and there, but it was predominantly red. Then it was all orange. Now it's Stihl country. Arborists use some Echo top handles.
It's heartbreaking. I really wanted the 572, as it seems much more robust.... but dealer support swayed my final decision.... Not for the dealer end, but to support a local business.
I'm not bad mouthing the 462 in any way. It's a phenomenal saw. Definitely a game changer. Like the 346 was.
The newest 550 is outstanding, but has nothing over the MS261. Both seem so portly when compared to the previous gen of 50cc.
And I love how Stihl "copied" Husqvarna with the air injection/turbo... So does that mean husky "copied" Stihl with inboard clutches and T27 bolts? Lol.
In the late 70's, when I got out of college, my buddy and I wanted to open a gun shop. We had our business name, FFL, and a shop picked out. The intial conversation withthe rental people sounded good. We could afford the rent. Then, as we read the contract, if we went over a cetain amount in sales the rent increased to a percentage of our gross. We were still going to make a go of it. Then we started getting our prices from the major manufaturers. We could go down to K-Mart, and buy everything the dealers offered, cheaper. I remember when Dad got big enough that the major chainsaw dealers started coming to him, they gave us all sorts of advertising stuff. Trying to open a gun shop, they wouldn't even give us a counter cover to lay a rifle on, we had to buy it. That broke our back, we gave up. As bad as every one gets on BATF, they treated us very well.
As far as I can see every small business is in the same boat unless we all stick together together then they’d be the ones with the trouble. Let them try and sell there 80’s nock off crap at today’s price. you got a shop they don’t care all they Care about is quarterly returns I say screw the all let them sell there own junk.

Latest posts

Back