Saw to compliment my Husky 357xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvpski

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have one saw a Husky 357xp with a 20 inch bar. It is a great saw that really works great. I would like advice on another saw to compliment it. I don't really want to go with a bigger saw but a smaller saw. I would use it for smaller tasks and it cases when I need to free my other saw. I get by without one now but I'm thinking and additional saw would be helpful.

I am not partial to anyone brand. I have heard good things about the Husky 346xp. I have also heard good things about Stihl and Dolmars. I'm thinking something along the lines of a 16 inch bar that has a good weight to power ratio.

Thanks

ummm, jvp said he wanted a smaller saw...

frankly, for light work, one of the small saws would be ideal.

MS192...rear handle, 336 or 339 Husky..... Stihl 170/180.....Shindaiwa 360....340/345 Husky are a little bigger, as is the Stihll 210 which has less power than the Huskys, i think.

If you have been happy with your 357XP and have a good local dealer, then I'd say the 346XP with a 16" bar is the way to go.

Ok, thanks for all the input. I think I will run down to the dealers and take a gander at the ones mentioned in the replies.

Thx

I havent gotten any bad rep for awhile,so Im gonna suggest that a bow saw would be a good sidekick to the 357 .Cuts about as fast.Seriously tho,the 357 is a good saw,and the 346 would compliment it well,as would a 260 Stihl.Even a homeowner saw like the 250 Stihl or Husky 350 would be a nice companion.Saves a bunch of money and you still got a good saw

i think it's small enough.

i guess i didn't read the first post that well.the smallest i'd go is maybe a stihl 192.if you can find a used Husky 141,they are nice saws. i regret selling mine but the guy that bought it loves it.i sold my 357 too and i wish i hadn't.i'm looking at another if i can't find a decent stihl 036 pro.

Latest posts

Back