SC252 - Current Used Pricing?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man
my drive wheels stay locked in all the time---I just never saw the need to mess with them.

Man mine won’t turn at all with em locked. Like I can’t pull a 360 on a 2 lane road, unlocked she turns really well. Course Im waiting to get bit by a black widow sticking my hand in there all the time, lol.

Not sure what year mine is, but it was never used much and was taken care of from what I can tell. I never crowd it,--no need to and it does the job for me! --- the worst thing is getting around with that single steer wheel! LOL! ---gives ya a real work-out at times in tight places!
You know that you can unlock on side of the wheels so its turns better right?
Man

Man mine won’t turn at all with em locked. Like I can’t pull a 360 on a 2 lane road, unlocked she turns really well. Course Im waiting to get bit by a black widow sticking my hand in there all the time, lol.
Swing the cutter wheel all the way to the side it helps turn the machine.

I saw in the owners book about the wheel locks. too much hassel to mess with them. Probably would cut with only one side driving but I just leave them locked. Actually not too bad getting around with it.

You waste a lot of time an energy trying to force a locked axle driving a curve.

Once I get lined up with the stumps its no problem. Also loading on the dump trailer it has to have both sides locked or it wont go up the ramps which are 8 feet long. I dont haul it very often so I live with it.

Not sure what year mine is, but it was never used much and was taken care of from what I can tell. I never crowd it,--no need to and it does the job for me! --- the worst thing is getting around with that single steer wheel! LOL! ---gives ya a real work-out at times in tight places!
I understand what you mean about the single steering wheel. If you want to know what year your 252 is, you can call a Vermeer dealer and give them the serial number and will help you out.

Back