Scam or not??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bama

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Karlstad, MN---Where the earth meets the sky.
Why?

No offense but it's a Jonsered, he has background, he has fair feedback and it's not a lot of money.

Bite if you feel like it.

Why?

No offense but it's a Jonsered, he has background, he has fair feedback and it's not a lot of money.

Bite if you feel like it.

Could be a hijacked account. Nothing else being sold by the seller. Just doesn't seem right. I have been wrong before(just ask my wife), but you would think the seller could have at least given a better description. I just saw a recoil cover go for $10, so there is enough on a decent parts saw to bring in more than $25.

It's paypal, use a card, no worries.

You'd be suprised what you might think is a gem is another man's junk. Right now I'm watching a running 048 described as "chainsaw". I'm hoping the other Jackals haven't seen it, but I doubt it.

It's paypal, use a card, no worries.

You'd be suprised what you might think is a gem is another man's junk. Right now I'm watching a running 048 described as "chainsaw". I'm hoping the other Jackals haven't seen it, but I doubt it.

He doesn't accept Paypal. No buyer protection on this one.

my bad, I missed that. Think of it more as a bet then.

not necessarily a scam. His BIN price is $25, not unusual.
And given the hassles with Paypal sometimes (like taking money out of my bank account unauthorized) he may have been burned. But it is unusual to have 160 feedback and not taking/using paypal. maybe jsut started that.....

On ebay, stuff that is likely to have many watchers or bidders will usually start really low. They know it attracts attention and someone will bid against each other. The activity happens in the last few minutes. Watch some logsplitter pumps for example. half price until the last hours, then go to almost retail.... On things that I think will have lots of watchers (certain motorcycle parts for instance), I don't even bid until the last 2 or 3 minutes. Putting a bid out say 3 hours early then leaving for work or something just means I am a known target for the snipers and the object goes for a dollar over my highest anyway...so I don't even bother.

On industrial or odd stuff likely not to have a couple hot bidders, the starting price is usually closer to the realistic mninimum they want for it. They just hope to get one bid before it closes. I've shot myself in the foot putting something out cheap and only getting one bid, then ended up with more time in the boxing process than the item brought....
Old auctioner told my dad selling calves: doesn't matter if you have someone willing to pay a million dollars, you have to have two of them. The price is determined by what the second guy in line is willing to pay.

can be valuable service, but buyer beware.

Seems odd that every one of his other auctions has a picture. If he bothers to take pictures of old bars and chains, why would he not take a picture of the saw?

On the paypal thing, paypal is now forcing you to take credit card on ebay purchases, which requires you to have a account that charges you monthly, so you have to pay to use paypal and I don't not sell enough stuff on ebay to be able to afford the paypal membership. That could be the reason he no longer takes paypal. Thanks, Ryan

Amusing payment methods... listing has Paypal accepted, but the description says no longer taking Paypal. I would avoid it on this one alone. Sending him a check or MO, you will be casting your money into the wind. May as well send it to me. :greenchainsaw:

I will post a photo of me spending your money ;)

This one doesn't look right to me. He no longer has a camera? He no longer takes PayPal? Just too many changes in a very short time to make me comfortable enough to bid.

hmmm, i wonder if he would allow local pickup, its 3hours from me though.

I think i have too many chainsaws as it is

Stinking CAD :chainsaw:

You just scared the carp out of me

On the paypal thing, paypal is now forcing you to take credit card on ebay purchases, which requires you to have a account that charges you monthly, so you have to pay to use paypal and I don't not sell enough stuff on ebay to be able to afford the paypal membership. That could be the reason he no longer takes paypal. Thanks, Ryan

Thankfully Andy saved me from a trip to the emergency room

hmmm, i wonder if he would allow local pickup, its 3hours from me though.

I think i have too many chainsaws as it is

Stinking CAD :chainsaw:

G A S P!! There can be such a thing as too many chainsaws? :jawdrop:
Scuse me, I got some thinking to do

Back