Score and wood ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has some difficulty in splitting..... base wood is tuff

:clap::clap:

I managed a property parking lot with ornamental lindens. Salt kills ans i Told the crew to leave behind anything 4" or more.

Was tempted to haul the load back to the company with an apology note - but that year we needed the wood.

btu wise, the FILs got it right. he calls it balsa. IMO, it's better than whatmodels are made of, but an easy mistake

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/X7_RRwmt50Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>:hmm3grin2orange:

WOW!!!! That brings a tear to my eye!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!! Sounds like the BIL and i in the garage tonight:msp_tongue:

Still laughing..... There's gotta be an award for that one somewhere! :cheers: Too bad it wasn't a Stroh's commercial...

Down here our Red Oaks are actually Shumard , and the big ones that size split easy and sound off with a "POP". The bark is too stringy as others have stated. The heartwood does not resemble Red Oak. The bark has a resemblance of Elm, but the heartwood when split is too smooth grained, so it ain't Elm. Not knowing the northern woods I'll leave it up to those who agree it to be Poplar.

Back