Score. Good wood week.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1grnlwn

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
First a tree trimmer dropped off three truckloads of dead elm. Very large pieces indeed.

Then Sunday we drove by an oak tree laying in the alley, stopped and asked if they needed help handling (burning) that wood. It just so happened that the tree cutters back hoe was broken and they were just wondering what they were going to do with the big pieces. They asked us if we could take it today? I said you betcha! That was about 3:00 pm. By dark we were home with it all. Man that live oak is heavy. It pays to have the right equipment and to be able to respond quickly.

have fun!!!!! that maul's got quite the challenge ahead!

I just whacked up some 18" elm rounds with the fiskars. Had to sit on the deck for 10 mins to cool off before entering the woodheat filled domicile.

I earned my porkchop today!!!

since my last posting, you put up some more pix.

More crotches shown than a 1983 Fredericks of Hollywood catalogue.

Get a long bar and get to noodeling. Lots of good advice in the saw forum on how not to get the noodles clogged under the clutch cover/

Just found out i got a guy right down the road that just had some loggin done on his place and needs a lil clean up, checked it out and hes got wood everywhere!! Pretty much all white oak, so i had a pretty good day myself.:D

Then Sunday we drove by an oak tree laying in the alley, stopped and asked if they needed help handling (burning) that wood. It just so happened that the tree cutters back hoe was broken and they were just wondering what they were going to do with the big pieces. They asked us if we could take it today? I said you betcha! That was about 3:00 pm. By dark we were home with it all. Man that live oak is heavy. It pays to have the right equipment and to be able to respond quickly.
Live oak? I didn't know live oak grew that far north. Nice haul!

Oh, cool. I didn't realize that was yours, had already seen that thread. Nice Job!! Some clean welding.:msp_thumbsup: I believe in Gorilla Welds, ugly but strong!! :help:

Oh, cool. I didn't realize that was yours, had already seen that thread. Nice Job!! Some clean welding.:msp_thumbsup: I believe in Gorilla Welds, ugly but strong!! :help:

There are some gorilla welds on it, let's call it good photography.:msp_rolleyes:

Yep, farrowing houses, poultry houses, green houses, anything that needs a bunch of heat. They are built to burn hay or slab wood bundles. We built the first 4 here in our farm shop in Missouri but now we are having a place in Topeka Kansas build them for us because they take so long to build. :msp_thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back