SCORE!!! I Hope???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Beard

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Husqvarna 350
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/grd/766672057.html

Offered him $100 cash, he jumped on it.
Got a buddy going by tomorrow to pick it up for me as I am at the firehouse for a 36 hour shift.
Even offered a refund if it needs major repairs!
Can't wait to get my hands on it, dad has 5 trees waiting to be dropped. Should be a good test.

Yup, I think $100 is pretty good for a 350. Even if it needs a piston or something, you'll do ok. There are some fellows on here that really seem to like them. We certainly have a few afficionados that will be telling you that it has some features typical of a homeowner saw, but I think the concensus is that they are tough, reliable, and produce good power. The 350 is one of those saws that I'd really like to get some time behind.

My guess is that it will respond well to some fairly minor mods.

Buddy picked it up today.
Goin back tomorrow the guy is looking for the manual and scrench.
Cant find any obvious physical damage.
No chain(who cares)
Chain cover was removed and brake set, the guy couldn't figure how to get it back on.
Good compression.

Remarked how he had just picked up a nice saw for himself and if I was lucky he might let me have it for the same price, "thanks for negotiating the price down for me."
I just laughed, I know all of his saws are Stihl.

He got the itch, its not a Stihl but he can't stop himself.
"Sumb#tch didn't even bother to clean it up when he was done with it, I'll have it cleaned up and maybe running by the time you get here in the morning."
Good friends are hard to find, but you know when you've got one.

Damn, he might even be taking some of the fun out of buying this saw if I don't have anything to fix on it!

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then

Stopped by to pick it up on friday.
A little dirty but no outward physical damage.
Piston looks like new.
Good compression.
Clean it up.
Splash of gas.
About 8 pulls, puff of smoke, fires up!
Push the choke back in, drops to a nice idle!!
Throttle responds nicely after a few revs.
Reset the chain brake.
Put it back together, Bar shows a little heat damage but still servicable.
All I need now is a few loops and a day to get out cutting!

Not Bad for $100
Owe my buddy a couple beers(pickup fee), might have to stick around and help him drink them.

The 350 was my first saw, and I still use it. I found that if you leave the choke on for more than a few pulls, it will flood quickly. I also found that if you let your brother in law borrow it, it might come back without the chainbrake working.

A while ago I ran into a similar situation with someone selling a barely used Husqvarna for $100. He had used it to clear some trees, then it sat for a couple years. He took it to a shop and had it tuned up & sharpened, then sold it to me. Turned out to be a 372xp.

I'm waiting on a guy who lives down the street. He saw me working on the 385 on my workbench fixing the recoil and stopped to talk for a bit. Seems he has a couple saws he bought during Rita and just put them in the shed afterwards . He just found them last weekend when doing some cleaning. He said he had left some fuel in them when he put them in there and figured just dump some fresh mix in and they should run. I'm sure you all know they didn't start. He told me he bought them from the shop right down the road from where I work but couldn't remember what they were but they looked like mine, and wanted to know if I wanted them. I asked what he wanted for them and was told if I would put a waterpump in his car they were mine. So for 40 bucks and about an hour of my time I will have two more toys to keep myself busy with out on site when things get boring.

I like my 350. Does what I need it for.

350new.jpg

Kevin

Who me? He just dropped them off about a half hour ago. The one is a 261 and the other is a 23. He said he bought them off the used shelf at the store when he got them as no one had any and they had just put them out. I yanked the carb on the 261 and swapped it for the one on mine and it fired up on the 5th pull. The 23 will take a while but I'll get it running eventually. So I now have a couple more things to tinker on in my spare time and keep me from using the currently running saws on my coworkers.

Latest posts

Back