Score!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odog

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I couldn't sleep last night so I was looking on Facebook so by and sell page for around here. Saw a guy who had 2 44" long by 4.5" Hydraulic cylinders for sale for $50. Went and looked at them after work, looked good to me so I took em home. Now to start building my second splitter.

You going to put both cyl on one Splitter. With that 44in stroke, you are going to need pretty big oil flows in order to have any speed. To have any power and speed, you are also going to need some serious hp to pull the pump('s). I am using 2-32in stroke x 4.5 bore cyl on my processor build. Will be using a double pump setup to power the saw and splitter rams. 75gpm total. Thats not counting the other pumps for running everything else. My planned power plant is a 190hp 7.3 diesel.

While it would be awesome to run both cylinders on my splitter, I don't think it feasible, or needed really. I have an 11 horse Honda sitting in the garage with a 22 gpm pump on it that I plan on using. I have an old cutting edge from a scraper that I plan on using for the wedge too.

I had to buy 8 cyl's when I bought mine. That was the only way I could justify the shipping cost. Once I had them on the truck headed my way, I just mentioned to the folks at the saw shop I had some good wood spiltter cyl's for sale. I sold 6 of them in about a week for enough to make the two I kept free and put almost $300 in my pocket. Sometimes you just have to be at the right place at the right time.

Back