Scored this weekend!! $40.00 for 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watsonr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Two Homelite XL-12s! The blue one should run after a new cord and the red one needs some good mix and maybe a carb kit.
IMG00011-20100207-1054.jpg

This is the one I really wanted! Had one when I was a kid.
IMG00007-20100207-0855.jpg

Now I just need to get busy and get them going. I need a few parts from the looks of them. My brother-in-law is shipping them to me this week as they were picked from CL.

Nice old school scores!!!

Have fun with em!!!! :clap:

Love the old iron!!!!!!! I have a red one that I have to get going someday also.Too many projects but a lot of fun...................:givebeer:

I got a red one too

and it's been awhile, but I think it's in fine shape...

I'll have to take it out in the sun and have another look.
I got it for nostalgia!

Nice looking blue and white XL-12. That muffler is a hoot, so wear your PPE. Neighbors will love it too! She'll clean up well it looks like. Other saw looks like a great worker, but the B&W takes the cake. Where in VA are you? Best, Max.:cheers:

Those two saws look quite a lot alike. They both must have been built right close to the color change year. Those old Homies are well built saws. I had an old C5A with the same muffler as the blue one there and yes it did have quite a cackle:hmm3grin2orange:

I noticed the oil tank to, yes I think it's a super also. I have only seen pictures of them as I'm in Virginia Beach and they are coming from New Hampshire. The seller told my brother-in-law, (Brian) the blue one has a new carb and tune-up and it ran recently, it just needs a starter rope and the red one he wasn't sure of but Brian say's its got some good compression and just needed some fresh gas and he thinks it'll run as is. Both bars and chains look good. The blue one looks to have original bar.

Max, I see your from Richmond, nice. Heard of any good saw shops around our area? Every time I search for a saw shop, I get the main Stihl plant here and looking in the book only gets me a landscape shop.

Thanks,
Randy

Big Brown truck delivered today!

Got home tonight and had a big box waiting for me. Two saws inside, red one is a superxl automatic just as ModifiedMark had said and a nice blue one!
Spent a couple minutes to check them out, Blue one looks really nice, sticker on the pull cord side you could read plain as day, the small black writing on the top, not the side. Put the nicer of the two bars on and a chain, air filter, fresh mix, checked the oiler and filled it. Peeked in the plug hole, and looks like she has hardly ran, no carbon to speak of, cylinder was so clean it looked like a mirror. Throttle lock worked smooth, choke and 4 pulls got a good pop. Fifth one she fired to life. I almost forgot how loud they were but only for a second as I let her idle for a minute or so and then....in the wood! Full comp, round chisel and it needs a sharpening!!

I feel like I'm 30 years younger again! Sunday I'm going to cut some fire wood (smaller wood, 16" bar) without getting the orange and white out.

Back