Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 5x10 trailer that I normally use. The problem is the receiver hitch on the truck is rusted through. I've heard of it being common on those trucks with the factory receiver. I can get one for about 150, but money's tight at the moment. The trailer is a lot easier to load too. Some of the pieces are big! I'll set one on the ground under the tailgate and then flip the others onto it and into the truck. This morning I have to noodle a few down to even move then. Definitely taking advantage of it while I can.
That's a bummer.
What year is the truck.

Well the “new” ford got demoted to wood hauler last weekend, my buddy was busy and there wasn’t a very good place to turn the horse trailer around.View attachment 663059A nice resonantly dececed red fir.View attachment 663062The top broke but thankfuly stayed together long enough to get it pulled closer to the road sense my cable wouldn’t have reached past the breakView attachment 663063 View attachment 663065
Nice work Nate, sure is beautiful out there.
Looks like the 562 is working well:chainsaw:.
Could you take it easy on the box please :innocent:.

Nice work Nate, sure is beautiful out there.
Looks like the 562 is working well:chainsaw:.
Could you take it easy on the box please :innocent:.
Thanks chipper. I’m very thankful to live here, other people seem to like it too,... the valley area south of us has gained over 50,000 people in the last 8 years and a lot of them are here on weekends:nofunny:.
Yes is does, I really like that 562:). Never ran a stock one but the modified ones are a blast:yes::chainsaw:
No worry I haven’t progressed to the cowboy method of chucking big rounds into the back from 50 ft away, I was careful ;).

There used to be this quaint, quintessential coastal NZ 'blip' of a town here we used to visit when chasing surf, back when I had more hair than cares in the world. Everyone has their limits and each of us are different, but when we reached ours and couldn't stand the dense urban jungle any more, a tactical retreat to the surf town from my youth seemed like a great option. Sold, got out and to this day still hate driving back to Auckland and its over-tensioned, shrill madness, on the few occasions I am forced to be there. That said, and like you have observed, we've watched the distant lights of the advancing front of urban sprawl march progressively closer over the last few years at what seems like an increasing pace.

From our observation post, 10 years ago there was just one light in a full 360 degree survey. Now it's over twenty. What's most disturbing however, and it nearly brought me to tears if I'm honest, was the news about a year ago the neighbouring farm on the hill has sold and has been carved up (on paper at this point but inevitable in terra firma shortly) into well over 100 properties.

I'm looking for land in the Far North. There's one more new-ground/homestead new build left in me, or I'll at least die trying. The Urban invasion won't take me alive.

Vive la résistance

You guys better watch yourselves Kiwibro, you’ll have a population like Japan if your not careful and that’s not good for anyone.

Took a further walk today. The area where my secondary driveway connects with the road is a mess. The nice thing is the trees are perpendicular to the road which makes cleanup easier and the logs can be skidded up onto the road for processsing.

My secondary driveway was here lol
C58BDFCD-D2C3-412A-9577-B09FA2FFFC55.jpeg

Directly above my driveway is one of my hiking trails.
7AD55865-A9CB-45BD-A07A-1262166CAB67.jpeg

Some beautiful birches down a ravine. Too steep to mess with though.
61FD8A21-28FD-4B8B-B40F-CB6502D70ACD.jpeg

plenty here James. come on up. ya might have to cut your way into it because it might be buried under some locust and ash.
It would just break my heart to have a reason to run a saw for awhile. I'll be up around the 94/234 area after work to help take down some small trees tomorrow. If your gona be home I'll stop by when I'm done.

It would just break my heart to have a reason to run a saw for awhile. I'll be up around the 94/234 area after work to help take down some small trees tomorrow. If your gona be home I'll stop by when I'm done.
i looked at the cherry and it has some punk on one side. maybe mullberry wood work. i should be around till 2 then i'll be runnin the market.

Only scrounged up a small load today

JZSr39j.jpg

Here'a a vid of fella that I'd call a scrounger

Latest posts

Back