Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great day for scrounging wood. High of 60 and cloudy. Took down a dead 40 footer at Dad’s.
ab61391f2637c2d267138b51c0c9a7ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well had a full day of digging rocks and roots out of my driveway, moving the rocks to the washed out spot in the road, and hauling sand to fill in holes and low spots.

Scrounged a couple wheelbarrow loads of wood too.

View attachment 676261

View attachment 676263

View attachment 676262
That's awesome Steve.
I bet they sleep well tonight, and you too lol.
Forced labor, great idea.
I read somewhere, "you don't work, you don't eat":reading:.
I figure it's my kids choice if they are old enough to make the choice :yes:.

A59F00E4-2B07-49F2-B4B6-BDD6F6E3B041.jpeg Scrounge stacking done! This wood was cut and split last year and has been stacked on the fence line out in full sun and wind. It’s winter home is under the deck where I have tin overhead to keep it dry.C605024C-2204-48FB-8619-E0012DFE0C7A.jpegI even stacked some by the door next to the stove. Probably won’t have to carry any until December. I’ve been stressing about getting everything done even though there is lots of nice weather left. My wife and I after 25 years, are finally going on our honeymoon. Ireland for the first 2 weeks in October. So I can leave with a good conscience knowing that our winter heat is taken care of.

Forced labor, great idea.
They get paid for hard labor like hauling wood or yard work. Household chores are forced though lol. And the girls love helping with dishes for some reason.
That's awesome Steve.
I bet they sleep well tonight, and you too lol.

I read somewhere, "you don't work, you don't eat":reading:.
I figure it's my kids choice if they are old enough to make the choice :yes:.

We did. Even though my body moves wood probably three days a week I was cramping up towards the end of the day when changing things up with gravel.

Holy crap you guys. I entered into a discussion on a topical Facebook page on “if wood can be too dry”. Most people knew the correct answer but a couple people were all screwed up and one guy actually came after my factual post so then it was on.

Here’s a gem: “OWB’s prefer 30 percent MC and indoor fireplaces prefer 20 percent”
Me:
6C0C415B-7C75-49B7-8CEE-0F9BF2720BE7.gif

Holy crap you guys. I entered into a discussion on a topical Facebook page on “if wood can be too dry”. Most people knew the correct answer but a couple people were all screwed up and one guy actually came after my factual post so then it was on.

Here’s a gem: “OWB’s prefer 30 percent MC and indoor fireplaces prefer 20 percent”
Me:
View attachment 676351
:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:
that guy probably runs 100:1 mix and used engine oil for bar oil.

He's right. I soak my splits for a week before I put them in the stove. I lay the dry stuff out in the yard to soak up the mud so the yard stays dry.

Well you wouldn't want your wood to burn up too fast! Gotta make that heat last longer.....at least I think that's their reasoning?

I don't know, I try not to understand some people.

Latest posts

Back