Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 685289 I got a freebie at the gtg today. Thank you @Gugi47 . It's a runner but needs a little love.View attachment 685290 @rarefish383 you wouldn't have a spare of whatever is supposed to cover that hole stashed away would you.
James, I have two 150's, I'll check. I never noticed that hole at all. I just got back from WV so the only pic I have is this one.
YqeXwLu.jpg

James looked around and couldn't find any with that hole in the clutch cover. Might be "custom".:surprised3:
42346128_1892475374139075_6983900084979105792_n.jpg
I'm thinking that might be some super rare unit made to drive an auger or drill, might be worth a fortune! Or like Steve said, some kind of custom. Both of mine look like Steve's.

James looked around and couldn't find any with that hole in the clutch cover. Might be "custom".:surprised3:
42346128_1892475374139075_6983900084979105792_n.jpg
I'm thinking that might be some super rare unit made to drive an auger or drill, might be worth a fortune! Or like Steve said, some kind of custom. Both of mine look like Steve's.

We don't need an excuse to eat lots of food and get hammered :barbecue: :drinking:.

I think they misread my post, I wished happy Thanksgiving to the American members here, and then best wishes to my fellow Aussies, Canadians, and Englishmen.

Ha ha, lately it's more of an excuse for family members to gather around the table and feign interest in political discussion under thr guise of spending time with each other. For us specifically, it's 4 hours a driving to eat for 3 hours, then another 4 hours drive home.

Last Sunday I finished delivering a second load of Zoggerwood and got paid :)

e271436e9e571b80c440d081323c9f79.jpg

That scrounged wood paid for a new front tire on the Yanmar :)
After I unloaded I shot over to the pit and loaded a weeks worth of wood from our oldest pile , a mix of maple , spruce , fir , birch and tamarack .
Some of the wood is getting on the soft side , it's been there for at least 5 years but with this cold blast we're having , 12F out there with a stiff breeze making the windthrill -7F I can still keep the house at 72F with the draft only open an 1/8th of an inch :)
Since there's a couple of cord of that older stuff I'll burn it up first before I touch any of my few sticks of wood at home , I don't want to run out , have to ration you know ,,,,, Lol

I filled the wood box with my splits from yesterday put the rest in the shed. Then split another bucket 3/4ths oak 1/4 punky elm. Put me right close to 6 cord in the shed. Room for another bucket or so then I need to acquire more pallets.

Got a good invite to a real holiday meal. Haven't had one like that since wife became disabled and I discovered that I am not a cook. Dinner was at 1:30 so I spent afew hours in the monring loading up 3/4 cord dry willow for delivery tomorrow.

I'm going to have to cut my customer list. The willow grove I am working on will play out next year and I don't have another lined up. Have a regular order for 6 cord and a couple 1-2 cord.

Got a good invite to a real holiday meal. Haven't had one like that since wife became disabled and I discovered that I am not a cook. Dinner was at 1:30 so I spent afew hours in the monring loading up 3/4 cord dry willow for delivery tomorrow.

I'm going to have to cut my customer list. The willow grove I am working on will play out next year and I don't have another lined up. Have a regular order for 6 cord and a couple 1-2 cord.

Don't you have a 200-year stash?

Back